RODI Pressure gauge

After the last prefilter (a prefilter is any filter that touches the water before the water gets to the membrane), but before the membrane "in" port. We can email you a diagram if you PM us your email.

Russ

yeah, after looking at my rodi i realized it goes sediment, carbon block, membrane, di. Another question. Do i really have to let ALL the water drain for the first hour to flush the filters? Or am i good if i get a tds reading of 0 coming out?

Those instructions I emailed you walk you through how to flush each filter in order. Should only take about 10 minutes per filter. Maybe more if you were shipped a wet membrane.

Russ

The instructions you rec'd, IMO, miss the mark here. You don't want carbon fines from the carbon block getting into the membrane - so don't install the membrane until AFTER the carbon block is flushed. Likewise, you don't want the flush water coming out of the membrane to go into the DI, so don't install the DI until AFTER the membrane is flushed, etc, etc.

Russ

Crap. it came fully preassembled and i already started the flush. its got ten minutes left on the hour. oh well, this hobby is all about learning by doing anyways, right? lol

The good news is Im close enough on my minimum water pressure. I hit 39 psi. lol

Hmm.

You may not be happy with how the membrane performs at that pressure. You're going to be sending a lot of water down the drain. You may want to tweak your flow restrictor to get it to produce 4 parts waste to 1 part purified water.

If you need to go the route of a booster pump, this may help you visualize what you'd be looking at. Not all the components shown are necessary - some just help automate operations.

AquatecComponentsDiagram-1.jpg

Russ

Back