rose bubble tip anemone?

the one on the left that I posted is supposed to be it according to him but like I said I just took it and never checked out what it was..if that is not it what kind is it so I can call him on it.. lol

I'm trying to figure it out but I can't say 100% but it looks like a M. Doreensis (LTA) to me. Here's a pic of someone elses for comparision
032.jpg

Ya, that looks like a LTA to me as well, all the seabeas ive ever seen are a light brown with purple tips. But either way, its a very nice looking nem.

had to rearange the whole tank to get him a large enough place to fit. when they open they take up alot of room .. it can definately eat, I had a chromis a couple months back that died on me and I watched the clown bring it to the nem. only thing that came to mind was lion king and the circle of life.. :D

it closed up for about an hour then reopened and fully extended again. I was like wow how am I going to keep this thing fed.. the chromis was just over an inch maybe closer to 2..

huh, well, go clownfish for taking care of the dead fish for you. But i think i might just have nightmares about being eaten by a nem now . . .

oops didnt mean to do that to you .. sorry...
pick a good comedy movie before bed and take your mind right off it..:D

funny when I read that I just pictured two clowns in suits and ties walking up taking people and lining them up.. little voice in the background saying .. NEXT!!!!

That's awesome that the clowns fed the nem like that with the chromis. Little creepy but that's nature for you. anybody ever have any problems with Anemones and powerheads? If so what do you do to prevent it?

I did once a few years back with my first nem.. he went wandering and got to close.. since then I have only had the ones I have now but I kept a close eye the first few weeks to see how they adapted...

That's awesome that the clowns fed the nem like that with the chromis. Little creepy but that's nature for you. anybody ever have any problems with Anemones and powerheads? If so what do you do to prevent it?

A lot of people will cover their powerheads with either a thin foam sponge or a fine mesh.

Since you said you were going to try it in a few months it won't be a big deal to wait, especially when you'll be spending $90+ on one.

Holy cow.....That would change my opinion on it quite a bit. I had NO idea what the cost was for everyone else because I strictly deal with whole salers. I only paid $40 for my BTA. A RBTA costs no more then the green or yellow or purple.....I forget the cost of this hobby quite a bit for others :(

Holy cow.....That would change my opinion on it quite a bit. I had NO idea what the cost was for everyone else because I strictly deal with whole salers. I only paid $40 for my BTA. A RBTA costs no more then the green or yellow or purple.....I forget the cost of this hobby quite a bit for others :(

Yep, most of the time the RBTAs are twice the price of the green ones :grumble:

Back