rrbigdog's 65g "My First SW Tank"

Snail - Stomatella
Stomatella
stomaleft.jpg

Well I made a few modifications to my canopy while I am waiting for my Evergrow IT2080 to arrive. I installed some PC fans in the canopy to help with cooling. Although won't really need it now that fall/winter here. I had a fan in the sump but since it was completely enclosed in the stand it didn't get much true air flow. So this is what I came up with.....One flows in and the other out regulated by my apex.....appears to be working fine....purchased some black fan covers that include a black foam pad to cut down on the light escaping from the canopy....used (2) 5" fans, 12V External PC Drive power supply and the molex 4 pin cables used in PC's. So everything can be unhook easily if I need to change a fan out. Fans about 2 dollars a piece. I will have more mods to make when my IT2080 gets here next Tueday from a group buy.

As you can see still has light escaping but I can live with that amount.

Attachments

• canopy fan.jpg
    canopy fan.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 402
Well my Ebay purchase came in last Friday....I tried a 2 day delivery.....so far so good....The frags were 10-15 dollars each.

5 head duncan
5 head teal candy cane
3 head radioactive candy cane
1 green mushroom
1 crown leather
24 polyps zoo...green/red

Here are some pics...they just starting to open up....

Attachments

• CC1.jpg
    CC1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 387
  • cc+Duncan.jpg
    cc+Duncan.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 391
  • Mushroom+Leather.jpg
    Mushroom+Leather.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 353
  • zoos.jpg
    zoos.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 361
I made some mods to my canopy and have installed my Evergrow IT-2080. I made some more mods to my sump area too. Using a 4" PVC drilled with holes to hold my filter sock which is working fine. Because my sump is only a 20g the filter sock would block my skimmer intake at times. This solves that problem.

So here is a shot inside my canopy. Made a removable from that is magnet attached. Still trying to work out my new light schedule with the IT2080....

Attachments

• inside_canopy.jpg
    inside_canopy.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 379
Well, I finally have a decent light schedule and most of my corals seem to like the new IT-2080. Looks like corals are growing faster.

Hey I'm assuming you like the evergrow fixture? I ordered the it2060 a few days ago just waiting for the delivery. Colour looks good. I may pick your brain on programming when I get them if that's OK.

Definitely like the fixture. I had a 16" dimmable 120 watt LED before with Blue/White. This one is 240w full spectrum and programmable but I am still only running about 60% blue/green/red and 40% white . I am having better growth.....my single mushroom frag now has 3 addition heads.

Yesterday I was checking inventory of fish.....and I see my Watchman Goby under a rock eating a bristleworm....Checked on him again today and he seems to be fine.....thought he was a goner....

That's great to hear about that fixture. I'm really looking forward to getting mine. I'm getting the 150 Watt fully programmable, full spectrum as well. So basically a 24 inch version of yours. Thanks for the input. Haven't even got my lights yet but that helps me believe I made a good purchase. :-) tank is looking good by the way!

So, I joined my local club and attended the meeting. Great way to pick up new frags from vendors and members alike.....:D

Here is what I picked up.

Huge Candy Cane = 20$
Large Orange Monti = 15$
4 Head Frogspawn = 20$

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• New CC.jpg
    New CC.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 366
  • orange.jpg
    orange.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 351