sabae help

That's where you're wrong, it's not impossible to keep nitrates at 0. Most people can/do keep them that low. And corals do not consume nitrates, hard corals like SPS can be killed by high levels of nitrates. And again, nitrates are detrimental to anemones, which is probably the biggest contributer to your anemone dying.

I said almost impossible...I'm sure most people here have nitrate levels that hover between ten to twenty...just cause some have zero don't mean all....and no...I'm pretty sure I bought a bleached unhealthy sabae...which was my inexperience and impulse...but thx for ur opinion which didn't help....and yes corals do regulate nitrates...like soft corals which I have...simple, excess food equals nitrates...soft corals break down food from water hence corals regulate some nitrates...this thread was meant to help not criticize!

People are trying to help you. The factors I was referring to in an early post are:
1. You have a tank that hasn't been running long which is not good for anemones.
2. You have no experience with an anemone, don't know how to care for it or know what to look for in a healthy specimen.
3. You made an impulse buy without researching it.
4. You purchased a more difficult species.
5. I'm sure it did have some bleaching and had some health issues but see #2.
6. You have nitrates which is tough on a healthy anemone and detrimental to an unhealthy anemone.
7. It could have also experienced light shock from not light acclimating the anemone properly.
Any one of the things listed can potentially kill an anemone and you had all seven going against you. I don't see much in this thread that looks like critcism only advice and some teaching to help you. Good luck!

Call it criticizing if you want, YOU asked what your nitrates had to do with your anemone. And if you want to talk semantics, impossible/almost impossible ... It's still not and people that successfully keep anemones alive do keep their nitrates at or near 0.

There wasn't anything wrong with that Anemone according to the first pic in this thread. It looked healthy.
If your had readable nitrates in the tank, then those nitrates are what has stressed that Anemone. Sabae's REQUIRE pristine water conditions. That means 0 nitrates.

If your feeding your tank to the point of causing nitrates, then you are feeding WAY to much and need to cut back. If cutting back on the feeding doesn't reduce the nitrates, then you need to step up or reevaluate your maintenance practices.
You also need to do at least a little bit of research on the animals you plan to keep, especially when it comes to invertebrates.

Almost all the anemones say pristine water...nitrates can't always be at zero...in the wild or in your house...eventually levels fluctuate...I'm sure people will disagree but its just denial...I hear u on keeping it as close to zero as possible...but I feed small potions a few times a day to keep it just like in the ocean sense...I was feeding one time a day but fish seemed starving...now I keep a pouch in my refugium which also helps with nitrates and there still present...I'm doing more and more research as I go along...no one here's perfect...unfortunately salt for brains...I purchased a new one before u posted I should wait...hopefully this one will do great...its not the same kind and it seems to be doing very well...found itself a good spot with some light and doesn't seem stressed...not a sabae

Love how when it comes to talking shit everyone has a say but when it comes to advice no one speaks up...and u would clap with ur one month of experience tryna give advice with no experience... u idiots make me laugh...don't worry...I'll figure shit out on my own...watch my tank flourish

Love how when it comes to talking shit everyone has a say but when it comes to advice no one speaks up...and u would clap with ur one month of experience tryna give advice with no experience... u idiots make me laugh...don't worry...I'll figure shit out on my own...watch my tank flourish

Maybe more people would be willing to help if you dropped the attitude? Every thread I have seen that you seek advise, you disregard things that are said to you that you don't like. People eventually stop trying to help those who don't really want it.

Last edited:
Good advise, whether you like it or not, should be said, and should be listened to. You will learn much faster if you heed the wisdom of people that have been there before. That is what make a forum like this great. You don't have to make the same mistakes that others have already. You can learn from them. But I guess if you feel that you know more than people who have decades of experience in keeping a thriving saltwater tank more power to you.

I never once said that...and if u see every thread or post I make u would also see the sarcastic remarks I make after being bashed...this ain't a popularity contest and I could care less who likes me...I take advice from those who are nice enough to give it to free spirits without laying down judgement...ie Dixie, Ted, saltforbrains... and show much appreciation...everyone else who thinks they run the salt water world and swears that recommendations are rules...are just nay-sayers and I take with a grain of salt....and that's why they usually don't give advice...

I never once said that...and if u see every thread or post I make u would also see the sarcastic remarks I make after being bashed...this ain't a popularity contest and I could care less who likes me...I take advice from those who are nice enough to give it to free spirits without laying down judgement...ie Dixie, Ted, saltforbrains... and show much appreciation...everyone else who thinks they run the salt water world and swears that recommendations are rules...are just nay-sayers and I take with a grain of salt....and that's why they usually don't give advice...

I'll tell ya what. Since you want to be a jerk, you can go be jerk somewhere else.
Good Bye.

Last edited:

wasn't I the fist person who commented telling you the sebae looked bad?? and I gave you the warning signs that it started to give??

just because I have only been on this site for a month, which is the same as you does not mean I am an idiot...I did my research and that is why I don't have an anemone and 2 hippo tangs in my tank

Back