Sad Anemones

its a sterotype i tell you! people believe clowns ONLY live in anemones and need them to survive. turns out we're pretty wrong lol. clowns will host ANYTHING and EVERYTHING they feel like.... not always nems.

its true that they do have a symbiotic relationship in the wild, but then again, thats in the ocean, and i'm 100% sure not all clowns host nems in the wild either....

I've had my Clown for awhile. I would of never got an Anemone, but he was hosting my Goni. So, I thought if I got the Anemone, he would leave the Goni alone.

if nothing major has changed in your tank, its probably your tank's age. I would also increase your salinity (slowly) to 1.025-26.

I am not familiar with led lights, whats the intensity? Light is very important.

Do you feed your anemone manually?

BTW, i only read the first page on this thread so if im repeating, im sorry.

I'm raising the salinity slowly. I have T5's. He acts like he's running away from the lights. I put him in the lights, he goes back under a rock. I've left him alone now, he just stays where he's at. Under a rock, up against the glass, no lights or water flow. I fed him a shrimp last night, he ate it, then spit it back out. I had a fowlr for a year and a half. Transferred everything over to this 90 gallon. Water, sand, rocks. Had this set up since last Spring.

I would look at feeding.
at least every other day.
Unless they back away and don't want it.
usually after a sec they will grab and eat it.
Doesn't have to be a huge amount.
AL

Had you ever used any medication or copper treatments in your FOWLR tank? And what are your nitrates at?

Nitrates are 0. I never used any medication in the fowlr.

I would look at feeding.
at least every other day.
Unless they back away and don't want it.
usually after a sec they will grab and eat it.
Doesn't have to be a huge amount.
AL

He never grabs it quickly. I have to hold it in front of him for awhile.

Nitrates are 0. I never used any medication in the fowlr.

He never grabs it quickly. I have to hold it in front of him for awhile.

and you probably have to deal with the cleaner crew who are always trying to get a piece :)

how often do you feed it?

and you probably have to deal with the cleaner crew who are always trying to get a piece :smile:

how often do you feed it?
I was feeding him twice a week. But, after he moved, it's hard to get the food to him now. I try once a week. Last week he ate. This week he spit it put.

i looked back at the pages and saw the pics of your anem. It doesnt look like its dying but too hard to tell with anemones anyways, so it could be.

how strong are your lights?

They are T5's. 6 bulbs. 54 watt. He went back further today. Looks like he might be going up a little on the rock. I wish he would find a spot and stay there. I can't feed him where he is now. I'll make sure to shoot some mysis down as close to him as I can get.

your light is a bit low for an anemone...

Its not going to eat if it doesnt want to, at this point, just keep a close, VERY close eye on it and be ready to remove it if you see its starting to fall apart.

Hopefully it will find a good spot and eventually come around, this could take some time, your tank is mature so all hope is not lost!:D

Anemones dont actually release toxins when they die.BUT they do release their nematocysts which then float around the tank stinging everything in the tank.Then of course they start breaking down extremely quick,so theres the ammonia to contend with.

Mine is still on the move. Still on the side of a rock under a ledge. He moves around in that corner. Can't get food to him. When I feed mysis, hopefully some will get to him. Is yours eating ?

Back