Sad Anemones

Nope. I've had mine for a few months now...and I've never been able to feed him anything. Tried numerous times. I'm thinking of rotating the rock he's in up toward the light. Maybe he's not getting enough. My thought is, if he wasn't getting enough, wouldn't he just move? Oh well, worth a shot....

That's what I did, twice !!!! Each time, he would turn around and go back on the side near the bottom. Good luck with yours.

Well, I moved my rose bubble tip anemone. It seems to be doing a bit better now that it's directly facing the light. I've never seen it stretch this much in the 3 months that I've had it. I guess that's good news. I just wonder---if it was the light--why didn't it just move? Weirdo.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6208.jpg
    IMG_6208.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 262
Not yet. I just moved him yesterday...so I was giving him a little time to adjust. :) I'm not sure what's best to try...I have some silver fish, frozen krill, frozen mysis and frozen brine on hand...Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Thanks Yote--that's what I'll do. With a turkey baster? I'm always afraid of blowing too much water into/at it. Thoughts?

I use a pair of long tongs for the silver fish and salad shrimp. I just put it right in the middle of him. He'll close up around it. As for the other stuff, I don't feed mine that. My fish would be all over him trying to get the food. Even if I feed them at the same time, they will still try to get his. Good luck !!

Well the rose bubble tip ate brine shrimp from a pipette this morning. First meal it's had in at least 3 months. It'll be interesting to see what it does next...

Thanks. I think moving it was a good idea. I'm just surprised because I thought if it wasn't happy with lighting, it would move on its own. Weirdo. :)

Mine is still on the move. He went further back, almost to the back corner now.

Attachments

• anemone in corner.jpg
    anemone in corner.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 253
Back