Sad clownfish

Mikey

Reefing newb
Hey guys. I have two clownfish that were purchased the same day in my 24g nano cube. They both seemed to be very happy in the tank up until last week. One of my clownfish seems to be sad or sick. It just hangs out at the very top of the tank and doesn't even come down to eat. All the other fish are doing great except for this fish. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mikey

Is it the smaller male or the larger female that's ill? Might honestly just be luck of the draw with fish sometimes. If he doesn't look beat up or showing signs of parasites or anything, he just might not be one of the lucky ones unfortunately. Has the sick one been eating?

is he trying to host something up there, my clownfish was always at the top and on his side but he would eat quickly and then was back up to the top in that one spot, i finally took off the hood and found some long algae up there he was trying to make out with.

thank you all for your help and concern. i recently purchased several live rocks and the fishes seem alot happier, including the sad clownfish.

Here's my tank after adding more live rock.
51e5ec12.jpg

Back