Sad Day - My bluespot jawfish jumped

koda_dad

Mr. Paranoid
Well, it finally happened. He found a way through my lid.

He has tried several times to jump but thankfully we have been around to put him back in. Last night he jumped while we were asleep. Something must have spooked him. What is crazy is I have mesh covered eggcrate as a lid.

I can say I do not think I will be getting another. Everyone I have met that has had on of these has lost it to jumping...

Well, my corals will be happy from finally not being spit on my him
tongue.gif

He honestly had a deathwish I think. he jumped when I was putting him in and has somehow jumped through my lid 3 times, the last time being last night.

the fact he made it this far is surprising.

Funny how they can find a small hole above the tank and shoot right through it. Not actually funny, but surprising. They're obviously aware of their entire surroundings not just what's going on in the tank.

kinda sucks.. a lot! you know what this means though? trip to the lfs for something new for you to lost pictures if for us photo whores on LR :D

Sorry for your loss. :( I lost one that way too. They are opportunist. Too bad they're not smart enough to realize that death awaits if they jump.

I've never lost a fish to jumping, but i'm a paraniod one when it come's to covering the tank. Just because my cats have the potential for evil....

one thing that i have found that lesseons the jumping of these fish is 1 when you first get them leave the attinics on all night. 2 moonlights really help IMO it allows them so see better so that they dont get so spooked .

my old canopy had moonlights.... I miss them. I think I am going to add them to the new canopy for the new tank.

One thing I will say though....I have the lid off now...no jumpers anymore. And wow do my corals love it :)

Back