Sad day...

Adrastos

not getting a free ride
Well.. we were warned that our favorite fish might not quite get along with the corals.. and the warning is true. Amy and I must part with our Potters Angel. We have had this guy for over 2 years (considering most books and websites say the average time they thrive in captive environments is a few weeks - this is a pretty special fish!).

The picture does not do him justice.. bright orange and very deep blues!
IMG_2001.JPG

If anyone lives near Central Ohio and is interested - we are open to trades :(

Sorry to hear about your impending parting. Maybe you could set up a second fish only tank for him and some other destructive buddies :).

Well.. we are planning on setting up a 29 gallon FO tank later on. We have the tank and lights.. but.. there are lizards in the tank as we speak.. so.. can't move the Angel over there yet.

I just need to find a home for the lizards.. shouldn't be too hard. I don't have any extra rock though for the other tank...

I am sorry to read that Adrastos. Having to get rid of a fish for the good of the tank blows. I hope you can find a home for it. I couldn't with the trigger I had to get rid of.

If I may ask; I have a fire angel, is it ok with coral? They look very much a like shape wise.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.. but.. I believe most Angels are not good with corals. Flame angels are omnivores (both plant and meat).. with corals I believe you should gear yourself towards an herbivore only.

Last edited:
Flame angels are hit and miss, some will bother corals and some wont. Most places I look at them say there reef safe with caution. I hope its good for you, there very pretty fish.

Bummer! I wish I could give it to you! Our Xenias are not enjoying the fish that much (if you look at night though - when the fish are "sleeping" they are very happy Xenia's quickly pulsing away)

I found a home for the Potter's. He is going to the farm then out to one of his clients tanks that can support him. Good timing too... the Xenias as incredibly stressed... I hope they can recover.

Now tomorrow will be the fun part.. I need to catch him!

I wouldn't worry about the xenias...in a week, you won't be able to tell there was a problem, and you'll probably have six instead of three :)

Yeah, mine spread like crazy. Just took some into the LFS today for credit, and got some great new zoos. I'd post pics, but I took the opportunity to move everything around so it's all shriveled and PO'd. Heheh. Maybe tomorrow.

Well.. after over 1 hour of trying to get the little bugger... he is in his temporary home in a quarentine tank at the coral farm.

Somehow... I ended up leaving there with a very pretty bi-color frogspawn...

Back