Sad moment

Doc

I don't work for anybody
I hate losing fish. I was a stubborn pupil when I first began my tank and lost two full tanks of fish due to adding fish to fast. I learned the hard way and waas proud to not have lost a fish due to illness (the lionfish and shark have claimed 2 each that were not intended for food) for almost 6 months. Yesterday I lost my juvenile emperor angel to a bacterial infection. I must admit, I was quite upset and don't know if I will try another one. I was wondering, with all of your collective experience, how hardy are emperor angels in your opinion? Do I risk another juvenile? Do I risk an adult with 5 LPS corals in my tank? Do I just forget about it? Just wondering.

Dr Marco :sfish:

get

get one huma huma trigger and he will not die maybe the rest will be gone but he pretty hardy. very nice tank by the way

Last edited:
Juvenile P. imperator occur in realtively shallow water on coastal fringing reefs, on clear water lagoon coral heads or patch reefs, in channels, on the outer reef flat and outer reef face. As subadults, they tend to move from more protected areas to the fore reef and surge channels. Large adults occur under ledges and in caves of large lagoon patch reefs, in reef channels, reef faces, and outer reef slopes. this species occurs at depth of 3 to 80 m. Adult Emperor Anglefish are thought to feed heavily on sponges and tunicates. Young P. imperator may engage in mucophagy. Asmall juvenile Emperor Angelfish was documented picking at the skin of the giant moray IGymnothorax javanicus). The tiny angelfish ws seen to pick near the gills, nostrils, and jaws of the moray.

When very small, the juvenile P. imperator spends a considerable amount of time refuging under overhangs, in crevices, and in caves. They share thse domiciles with eels and nocturnal fishes whose slime they may feed on. The adult Emperor Angelfish is apparently site attached and will defend it vigorously.

Personally I would recommend a different fish for a 125 and only then if the system was very mature and at least 240 gal. just my thought. In order to keep this fish successfully, water quality must be impecably high quality. hope this helps.

i have an adult imperator angel. our tank is was the coral tank for a year but is now for agressive fish. i got the fish in feb and its doing great although when i ordered it it was only suposed to be 3-4 inches and its more like 6 inches and we only have it in a 90 gal tank. its a cool fish and likes to follow fingers and nibble on them, its like its playing. i feel bad for having it in such a small tank the plan was to get a smaller one and when my friend got her tank up and running to sell it to her. in my opinion its been an easy fish for us to have and it doesnt look like its bumming out being in a small tank.

Back