Sailfin Death

Greenman

Reefing newb
I had a Sailfin Tang suddenly pass last night. Not sure why it was fine the day before. When I fed the tank yesturday i noticed he stayed in his little cave and didnt come out, checked on him when i woke next morning to him half eaten by my cleanup crew. Could this be a parasite that caused this? Should I be worried about the rest of my fish?

No wasnt getting picked on, he was buddies with my foxface. 55 Gallon, but was a temp home. He was small not much bigger than my clowns, maybe 3 inches from nose to tail.

Def hard to diagnose...if he didnt have any physical signs then its a crap shoot

Did he have a cloudy eye by chance? Twitching oddly?

Sometimes a minimum tank size has nothing to do with the fish size or it's stage of growth.

Sorry for your loss, those are some beautiful fish.

Def hard to diagnose...if he didnt have any physical signs then its a crap shoot

Did he have a cloudy eye by chance? Twitching oddly?

No he behaved great, no sign of stress. was eating well, swimming around with my foxface. Could the foxface accidently have stung him? Not sure if the venom on those are lethal to small fish. But yeah A friend of mine had his mom buy it for his 20 gallon and he knew he couldn't keep it. so I snagged it from him and was going to keep it in the 55 till it was a little larger and move it to my dads Morish Idol tank.

Back