Salinity and temp?

zippyjr123

Reefing newb
ok here is whats happening, my tank is usually 82 degrees and the salinity is usually at 1.026, well it got a little cold here and the tank temp dropped to 77 degrees every thing in the tank looks to be doing fine but the salinity dropped to 1.023 is that normal? I havent changed anything, I just was wondering if it had anything to do with the temp? should I worry about anything or do anything ?
Thanks
Rose

Try to stabilize your temp, that will help everything out. I had the same problems with temp swings until I bought a controller which kicks the heater on at whatever set temp you put. Well worth the $ in the long run, IMO. Also, if you plan on doing any coral or more sensitive species of inverts, I'd say buy a refractometer from ebay or somewhere for $35, they're far more accurate than the hydrometers they sell at the pet store, plus they're fun to use!

Jags 100% right.You'll need to keep the teamp stable.You dont want any more that a 1 or 2 degree swing if you can help it.Less would be even better.

Back