Salt

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
I would do a search, but am sure I would come up with 1,000's of post for searching "salt".

Anywase, what salt do you use or what do you suggest.

Right now I am using Instant Ocean but only have enough for one more water change. I am sure certain salts will have there dis/adv for what type of tank you have.

Right now I have a FOWLR but in the near future I will be adding coral.

Oh one more thing, where is the best place to buy salt?

I personaly use and like Oceanic which I get from the LFS.
My calcium stays right 420 and alkilinity between 10 and 11.
I used to use IO but could never keep my calcium up.Just keep in mind that salt is like vehicles,every body has their favorite.

if your just keeping a FOWLR and your not all that interested in corals at the time then you can go with any salt and just use a calcium additive if you plan on doin a reef tank then I highly suggest Oceanic youll have alot less prlblems with your buffers

I have only used IO. I do like it but I have to bring the calcium and ph up. The best place for me to buy it is at pet smart, for a 160 gal bucket its about 31.00, all you have to do is go online print out a pic of it for that price at petsmart.com and they will match there online prices.

I used to use I/O but switched to Oceanic because my calcium levels stay more stable and i have had more success with Oceanic

bobby said:
I have only used IO. I do like it but I have to bring the calcium and ph up. The best place for me to buy it is at pet smart, for a 160 gal bucket its about 31.00, all you have to do is go online print out a pic of it for that price at petsmart.com and they will match there online prices.
Cool, thanks for the tip.

Check out Kent marine salt. if you dont go with it use what you want and after about 6 months try a change with kent marine and see if it makes a diff. if it does than you know, and if it dosnt dont worry bout changing. I use Kent marine only.

Back