saltcritters frags came in today!

NanoReefer

Reefing newb
i ordered 7 frags off saltcritters, they came in today, very inpressed with packaging. im dripping them now and will get pics tomorrow. homecoming football game tonight!

I have actually never dripped corals before.

When I first started with corals I would put them in a tupperware with my tank water and their water, enough to cover them. I would then just put them in the tank.

I talked to a coral farmer and he said that was ok but do a freshwater dip to clear out the bugs so I did and whether good or bad I literally watched like 5 different things instantly dive for their lives off the coral when I dipped them.

Then I stared with Live Aquaria and started floating them and did the 1/2 cup every 5 minutes then dump half when full and do it again till full, slap it at the bottom of the tank for a day or so and move accordingly. Their lights are more powerful then mine but a full day in the dark so I wait to move them.

Recently I had a bag floating but I didn't notice where I had the bag clipped on and in the first 10 minutes my tank water and Live Aquaria Divers Den water were one. Basically there was no acclimation.

Out of all those methods, so far all were successful. I cannot say much except dripping is the best but I never did it except for my Blue Linkias that died in 3 days. They were shipped in half filled bags with a lot of air they were in. Yes they are almost impossible anyway but that sucked.

Make sure to post some photos of your stuff. At least post what they are. I am getting maybe like 5 frags soon so good luck with them. I noticed my Frogspawn and Hammer Frags grow like weeds compared to others I have.

Last edited:
i wont have pics up tonight, im going to nyc... ill have them up tomorrow sometime... i got 4 acans a war coral and 2 zoa frags. shipped 2 day ups ground and everything was already open last night. i checked the temp of the water in the coral bags, 62...... they are alive and the acans and war coral ate shrimp yesterday!

That's awesome. I was very impressed with saltcritters too. Fast shipping and happy corals and great prices. We'll just have to be patient for your pics but excited to see!

Wow those prices are crazy awesome. Could I use UPS ground shipping? I'm in Maryland...

UPS.gif

Wow those prices are crazy awesome. Could I use UPS ground shipping? I'm in Maryland...

Looks like 2 day to me, and that's how long it took my frags to reach me in Georgia. The frags showed up happy, healthy, and open within an hour or so of going in the tank. The acans all ate shrimp two days ago, and the zoas are absolutely beautiful. I am highly satisfied with SaltCritters, will use them again, and will recommend them to anyone that asks. So go ahead and spend a little extra pocket change! You won't regret it!

It's great to see that you guys are so happy with saltcritters. I'm gonna get some frags from him but I'm saving my money for a local frag swap that's comig up soon. You guys should check out his YouTube channel. I believe its just under saltcritter.com when you go into YouTube. Shows all his tanks and all his frag tanks. He is also on Facebook updating almost everyday.

Back