saltwater noooob

CurtisL

Reefing newb
hey all, name is curtis, ive been snooping around here and reading and following everyones post, seems like a great community! i love the respect biff gets, well deserved with her knowledge from my perspective! anyways, im in tampa fl, and still researching and learning about what i want and trying to avoid all the newb mistakes! ive been reading fenner and the concientious marine aquarist for a month now ( $4.00 shipped on ebay :mrgreen: ) and i cant wait to get started! look forward to getting to know ya'll and learning more and more every day! thanks again!

Welcome to the site! What are your plans, tank wise?

thanks for the welcomes!

plans for the tank are pretty basic so far, i want a 75 or 90 gallon tank maybe even up to a 110, with sump and probaly sock filter. live rock with just a few fish maybe 2 clowns and one or two of something else, i really like the black and white clowns! and everything else is planning on being the i think but may be wrong " zoa " corals? please correct me if im wrong, but i love the button polyps with the greens and pinks and some other types but im confused about all of those. lol. other things for sure

black painted background
drilled tank

any help or pointers or comments highly appreciated!

yes ma'am those zoanthids are exactly what i want in a coral, i dont wanna go any fancier than that really. a bunch of diffrent variations of those and two black and white clowns with a couple other fish and i will be a happy camper! do zoanthids require any special care other than a good light and water movement? do you have to feed them?

awesome that makes me happy to hear! cant wait to get goin on my tank! hopefully within a few months, im gonna start aquiring items i think! for now im just gonna watch and learn on here!

If you're going to get some zoanthids, please be aware of their toxicity. Always handle them with gloves and goggles, and wash your hands afterwards - don't touch your face/rub your eyes after moving them around in your tank or fragging them. Other than that, I love the few colonies I have, very beautiful and undemanding. :Cheers:

Back