Saltwaterfish.com and Reefs2go evaluation

KevinMs

Reefing newb
I had a decent sized order from Reefs2go and Saltwaterfish.com arrive yesterday. While both companies delivered on time without any problems in delivery, I feel the product quality from these two companies is very different.
I'll start with Reefs2Go first. Packaging was up to par, no problems there; packaged with a heat pack and paper. I ordered Branching hammer coral, red acropora, candy apple zoa's ( five polyps) a colt coral and green star polyp frag. The colt coral was pronounced dead a few moments ago, I gave it a chance to come to life but when I came home today it looked deteriorated. I removed it to reduce any ammonia build up. The Hammer coral, a tiny single headed piece appears to be on its way out as well. Star polyps haven't opened since receiving them and zoa's are open about halfway. The Acropora wasn't shipped, perhaps out of stock. On the invoice, a notice that I would be receiving a email soon about crediting my account for the Acro. Bottom line, I feel like i received livestock that was in less than healthy shape and now am attempting to bring them back from the dead. I've tested my water and my results are where they should be. Acclimation was by their standards.

My second package was from Saltwaterfish.com. I have made three purchases from them over the past 3 years and have been very pleased. This package was no exception. Well packed and on time with delivery. I ordered a Flame Angle, a Stylophora frag, Yellow watchman gobie, a purple back pseudochromis, two maroon clowns and a sabae anemone. I acclimated everything according to SWF instructions. The two clowns are eating nicely although they haven't hosted the nem yet, time will tell. Gobie, angel and purple back all have taken to their new habitat nicely. The Stylophora frag has excellent polyp extension and is doing well. Bottom line, the livestock arrived with a healthy appearance and has carried over nicely to my display tank.

I know there will be people who rave about Reefs2go and there will be those like myself who have decided to wash their hands of this place. The same probably goes for Saltwaterfish.com. I can rave about the latter because I've had nothing but good experiences with them. You're entitled to your experiences and your opinions. These are merely mine.

Back