saltysupply.com

reefnoob

Reefing newb
Anyone ever use saltysupply.com? I want to buy live rock from them. Only $3.99 per pound and shipping is only $4.99. Prices seem reasonable. How is this company? Do they sell good live rock? How is the packaging? Any input would be great.

Can't say anything about them as a company, but its so much cheaper to buy mostly dry rock and then pick up a few lbs of live rock from your local LFS instead of buying all live rock. Good places to get dry rock are bulk reef supply and marcorocks.

that price seems too good to be true IMO. I dont think I would buy from them because I would expect a very inferior, hardly live product for that price

Can't say anything about them as a company, but its so much cheaper to buy mostly dry rock and then pick up a few lbs of live rock from your local LFS instead of buying all live rock. Good places to get dry rock are bulk reef supply and marcorocks.

what about reefrocks.net? They sell base rock for 50lbs for only $85.00. Then they will also throw in 40 lbs of free sand and free shipping. Ever use them before?

I wouldn't waste my money on any mail order live rock other than from Tampa Bay Saltwater.
Everything else will be mostly dead rock.
You could get dead rock mail order and seed it with some real live rock from a buddy's tank, or if your lfs has anything decent... which is hard to find.

what about reefrocks.net? They sell base rock for 50lbs for only $85.00. Then they will also throw in 40 lbs of free sand and free shipping. Ever use them before?

I used reef rocks.net. The deal was amazing, and I ended up getting almost 60lbs in my 50lb order. Cheapest place that I have seen.

How were the rocks from reefrocks.net shaped like? Were they like just big chunks of rock or did they have plenty of small and big holes for a fish to hide in? Were they irregularly shaped?

Mainly large chunks of rock but I asked for it that way. Try doing a search on reefrocks.net, there was a thread with a few pics that others have gotten.

Back