Samhain's 50 Gallon Long Reef

So here's my fishies' journey from bag to minireef!

Bags temperature acclimating
IMG_0673.jpg

Drip acclimating
IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

First hiding spots
IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

And yes, I did pick up a Pom Pom Xenia frag. I know what everyone says about the things, but every time I saw it I reeeeaaalllyyy wanted it. So I figured I'd give it a try, especially since LA had it for 40% off and it came from the same facility as the Cutest Fish EVA, so no extra on shipping! If it gets out of control, takes over, and I end up hating it, everyone here can say "I told you so!".

vary vary nice tank and love the new fish but most of all love the sixline :D mine is named Wesker any ways keep up the great work...

~Kurt

vary vary nice tank and love the new fish but most of all love the sixline :D mine is named Wesker any ways keep up the great work...

~Kurt

My 6 Line is named Cyan, and I like him a bunch too! Unfortunately, he's a fast little bugger and very camera shy. Leaving the camera near the tank has done nothing for his camera shyness. He's very curious about passing people, and will come out to say hi, but as soon as that camera moves, he dives behind the nearest rock! So not so many pictures of Cyan, but he's a lot of fun to watch.

My 6 Line is named Cyan, and I like him a bunch too! Unfortunately, he's a fast little bugger and very camera shy. Leaving the camera near the tank has done nothing for his camera shyness. He's very curious about passing people, and will come out to say hi, but as soon as that camera moves, he dives behind the nearest rock! So not so many pictures of Cyan, but he's a lot of fun to watch.

Yes mine is about the same hoping I can snap a good shot of him/her at some point.:Cheers:

Nice fish Sam! What kind of fish exactly is the "Cutest Fish Eva"?

They are Fancy Gumdrop Coral Crouchers, available occasionally from the Diver's Den. "Cutest Fish EVA" refers to a thread started by Sir Alex some months ago, which is where this fish was introduced to me. When I saw it, I wanted it, and then I found out it was a fairly easy-care fish appropriately sized for my tank. I was sold! I tried for a couple months to get one, but they are always sold within minutes of showing up in the Diver's Den. So after many, many times of being foiled, I was FINALLY able to get there first! So now Floyd and Rose have joined my tank, and I'll be stopping fishie additions for the foreseeable future. I'm at 6 tiny fish (1"-2", none over 2") in a relatively new tank, and I'm not pushing it any farther for now. So any new additions will be corals and inverts! I'm hoping for a pair of cleaner shrimp from my LFS, if they ever get them in.....

Thought I'd share wesker with you :D the best pic of him yet LOL
IMAG0160.jpg

Great shot! He's a cute little guy! You must be Quickdraw McGraw with the camera to get him that clear. Mine's always at least half blurred in every shot.

Back