Samhain's 90 Gallon Reef

Very cool!! And +1 for a great hubby!

Edited: I just noticed you changed your description to only 1 firefish - the other guy didn't make it?

I've sort of given up on James. He's been gone for almost two weeks now. If he makes a reappearance, I will add him back, of course!

Pics as promised! He's taken up residence behind my protein skimmer intake pump, but at least he's hiding where I can see him!

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

His back half is a brilliant yellow, and the front half is yellowish-pink with brown stripes that come and go depending on how scared/stressed he is. He has beautiful brilliant blue eyes. A very lovely V-Day present!

Yeah. I'm going to spend the baby's naptime staring at him. Hopefully he doesn't develop a complex......

Skimmer arrived today, but it appears that it broke in a couple places in transit. :( So now I have to figure out how to assemble it and fix the broken bits. I'm sure super glue and duct tape can fix it. I just need to contemplate.

The blenny is doing well, I think. He's maintaining his residence behind the skimmer for now, but he gobbled up a combo of squid, krill, and emerald entree soaked in garlic when I spot fed him. At least his hiding spot is somewhere I can see him and spot feed him! And eating is a good sign, I hope....

I'm really irritated the skimmer arrived in more than one piece. I even had the guy there pack it FOR me. We'll figure it out, lady. Sorry. :(

May I officially introduce my new Midas Blenny, Neo!

IMG_0981.jpg

I know it's a super blurry blur, but I actually really like this pic, and it's how Neo got his name........

Here's a better pic of him in his hidey hole with his camouflage on.
IMG_0987.jpg

Back