Sammydogs Photo's

Sammydog

Reefing newb
I'm new to the Marine Tank world, and even newer to trying to photograph the inhabitants of the tank, but here is a few shots of what is going on in my tank.

My Mandarin. He stayed out long enough to get a photo.
attachment.php

One of the clowns playing in the Coral. It seems to sleep there when the lights go out as well.
attachment.php

I wish this photo didn't have the flash at the bottom.
attachment.php

I think I need to work out the lighting a little better for the photos so I don't need to worry so much about the flash.

The Frogspawn Coral.
attachment.php

Attachments

• fish1.jpg
    fish1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 666
  • fish2.jpg
    fish2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 670
  • fish3.jpg
    fish3.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 691
  • fish4.jpg
    fish4.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 600
Thats whats confucing me a bit, the second photo is no flash and I think the colours are better in the other three photo's.

Guess I just need to play around a bit with it all.

Really nice colors! Here you go, I tried to crop out enough of that for you. Also tweaked it a tiny, tiny bit.

fish31.jpg

Last edited:
No I hadn't cropped the images at all. Haven't done anyomage processing either. We have Photoshop but I've got no idea how to use it.

I have only had the tank for just over a week, we got it from someone who was moving and couldn't keep it. The tank has been set up for about 3 or 4 years, not sure how long the mandarin has been in there although I think it has been there a while.

There is about 13 mushrooms, a few are very small and just starting out by the looks. I'll add some pics later today. They shrivel up tiny over night and are pretty big whenthe lights are on.

Here is two of the little mushrooms growing in the tank, they are both poking out from under a ledge and are very thin. There is a few others in other parts of the tank.
attachment.php

I just noticed this maroon coloured thing sticking out from under one of the mushrooms, no idea what it is. Looks cool though.
attachment.php

Another shot of the frogspawn, withdrawn quiet a lot as the lights are off. Can anyone tell me what it is that lives in the tube below it? It shoots out a web like thing and pulls it back in.
attachment.php

Attachments

• coral1.jpg
    coral1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 492
  • coral2.jpg
    coral2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 484
  • coral3.jpg
    coral3.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 482
I really love those mushrooms. I got a single one from my LFS...but the damn thing won't attach. They add so much color to a tank.

Back