sand bed swap

Justin101

Reefing newb
I was just wanting to know if you can take your sand bed out of one tank and put it in another , both 20 gallons one has a hole for a bung. the one with the bung is the one im gonna go to its aragonite 30 lbs any help is appreciated thanks! fish store is coming along guys there be info on it soon!

Oh its been set up for a while and havent had any problems i belive that aragonite is the best for me.its been up for 1 year or more.

I have done it before with much issues.Depends on how much detris is tapped.Your water will messy for a day.You can pusome plastic over the bed mininize a sand storm.Also do to te movng our detrivores might be alittle stress and yor nitrates might rise some

You can reuse it for sure. you will need to do some heavy filtering, skimming, and water changes to get the detritus out. blow around every other day for a few weeks to keep things stirred up so your filters will pick up the loose stuff. dont blow hard enough for a sand storm but hard enough for the silt to stirup. good luck. risky if you have fish in the system. subtrait first, let system settle out then animals recommended.

Back