Sandman's 65 Reef Tank

sandman

Reefing newb
Here is my tank on just about 3 month progress. I want to add one more premium live rock that is long and flat toward the center of all the rocks. I am going more for coral and want more of a base to place coral on.

Attachments

• New Image.jpg
    New Image.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,957
Thanks for the comments. It's a work in progress. Thinking of moving the rocks around for more coral surface room. I'm getting intimidated because all my fish are dying on me,mostly because of the tang that was in there and I think he dropped ich everywhere and have no idea how to clean except water changes. My zoas are acting weird because some aren't opening, I guess I'm in the learning process and trial and error is costly but a good learning tool.

Sorry to hear about your troubles...if all your fish are dying from ich, it's best if you don't add any more fish for now. Let the ich run it's life cycle (approx 6-8 weeks) before adding another fish. In the mean time, you can still continue to run your tank and add corals or inverts. Zoas do that sometimes when they're pissed, try moving them to a lower light area and lower flow area to see how they respond. Also, after dark, check them for any predator snails that eat zoas. Use a flashlight to see if that's the reason why they are staying closed.

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to see how this last clown does, I'd hate to see him go. I have also found a real honest fish store who wouldn't sell me anything the other day because he said my ALK was not right and although it may not kill the fish, he doesn't want to take that chance. Also said the other store should have never ever sold my a powder brown tang in a 65 gal tank. He gave me a buffer to improve the Alk situation. I'm going back for a water test and possible 20% water change.

Good luck Sandman, let us know how it goes...those Tangs seem like they can be a pain in the butt eh? Do you have a testing kit of your own? That way you don't have to rely on them saying, hey, this level is bad, buy this to fix it....

Back