Sandusky convicted

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Salty B, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Salty B

Salty B

Convicted on 45 counts! With the way the world is going, it feels good to know there is still a little justice out there!

Salty B, Jun 23, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Salty B

Bifferwine I am a girl

Yep, and he will be facing more counts too, now that one of his sons has come forward. This guy will spend the rest of his life in jail -- if he survives the rest of the inmates! What a disgusting monster. Scum of the earth.

Bifferwine, Jun 23, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Salty B

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

Thank god!!!

There are people out there who don't believe the now-adult victims are telling the truth. They can't fathom why they did not tell anyone (Didn't a couple of them try,, only to be reprimanded for lying?). I"ve seen their comments!! I'd love to see how their opinions change if it were their kids going through it.

They forget that these adults were just 10-12 years old when it happened, and are already having a rough life, so they were brainwashed to accepting this grown man's behavior. One comment even had the nerve to practically say that these kids allowed it to happen just so they could get free tickets and free gifts!!! I really began to wonder if the jury would think like those idiots.

wontonflip, Jun 23, 2012
  4. Salty B

Bifferwine I am a girl

It's really common for kids to lie or not say anything about abuse. They are brainwashed or scared into not saying anything. Kids are impressionable, and when there is an adult that is using his influence or power to coerce them into keeping a secret, the kids don't feel comfortable speaking up. You can't blame a little kid for not reporting abuse like that -- they don't think of it the same way that adults do.

Bifferwine, Jun 23, 2012
  5. Salty B

Exactly. I brainwash my kids everyday into believing I'm the awesomest mom in the whole wide world while at the same time, taking away their video games :mrgreen:

wontonflip, Jun 23, 2012
  6. Salty B

Bifferwine I am a girl

It's just too bad it took so long for justice to catch up with him. He's an old man now that has lived a good life. He really got off easy, not being caught until now. Mike McQueary is a pussy and should be in jail too. What kind of a grown man witnesses something like that, does nothing to stop it, and doesn't tell the police? You have the juxtaposition of that dad in Texas that caught a man raping his daughter and beat him to death on the spot (which is what most people would probably do), then this man catching someone raping a child and he just walks out of the room because it made him "uncomfortable". And then he talked about it with his dad instead of calling police. What a spineless weasel. Because of people like him, this was allowed to go on for decades. How many additional children were hurt during that time because the adults that should have stepped up did or said nothing?

Bifferwine, Jun 23, 2012
  7. Salty B

motorcyclereefer I am Graffiti Petey

Don't forget that Penn State tried their best to cover for the perverted child rapist and predator. I hold that institution in almost the same regard as the pervert himself.

motorcyclereefer, Jun 23, 2012
  8. Salty B

Any Paterno supporters here? Because I hope you pay attention to his lack of inaction. Sure, he didn't break any laws because he told the athletic director and the guy who was over the university police. But did not go to state police because he figured he'd done his part. We always teach kids tell anyone...tell everyone...speak up...JoePa blew it there. I know he felt bad, and that he grew up in a time when things like this weren't spoken of. But considering the horrific details of what went down, I don't feel bad that he was voted off. It sends a message to any other "old school" people that it is NOT ok to not go to the limits to protect children. RIP JoePa...at least in the end you were remorseful about not pursuing it further.

wontonflip, Jun 23, 2012
  9. Salty B

Bifferwine I am a girl

And there was no follow up. When you report something like that and you don't hear anything about it again, would you just drop it and move on? If university officials were refusing to take action, it's your responsibility to tell someone that will take action.

Bifferwine, Jun 23, 2012
  10. Salty B

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

Yes, Sandusky is an old man. And yes he got what amounts to life in prison. BUT the tax payers got stuck with the bill to keep the bastard alive and well within the prison system. He wont be housed in the general population,so no danger there. He'll get 3 meals a day,T.V. A roof over his head,free medical. All at the tax payers expense.

What SHOULD have happened would incorporate a tall tree and a new rope. Or better yet,a lethal dose of lead poisoning. Save the state some money and send a message to all pedophiles that it's time to pay the piper.

yote, Jun 23, 2012
  11. Salty B

But not before he gets to meet all the inmates at the jail.

motorcyclereefer, Jun 23, 2012
  12. Salty B

Reefrookie Not so new anymore! VIP Member

He is on suicide watch now which is policy for new prisoners especially a high profile one like him. He will not be well received by inmates because of his convictions as a child molester. PA has institutions with special housing units for those who need protection due to their crime and notoriety. He may request Administrative Custody because of his fear of harm by inmates or even staff. It is unlikely that he will ever be placed in general population but if he is,he will feel the wrath of the majority of inmates who hate child molesters. No matter where he is placed, his life will be pure HELL which is exactly what he deserves.

Reefrookie, Jun 24, 2012
  13. Salty B

Hey if somebody wants to reach somebody in jail they can.

motorcyclereefer, Jun 24, 2012
  14. Salty B

Bifferwine I am a girl

Attorney: Sandusky to appeal child sex abuse convictions - CNN.com

Oh good! Let's waste even more taxpayer money! He was convicted on 45 counts. Each of those counts is a maximum of 20 years, to be served consecutively. That's 900 years in prison. Even if he gets half of those convictions overturned on appeal, he's still spending 450 years in jail. WHY BOTHER?!?! What a douchetart.

Bifferwine, Jun 25, 2012
  15. Salty B

Because he gets publicity and $$.

wontonflip, Jun 25, 2012
  16. Salty B

17. Salty B

little_fish Moderator

From Penn State to the State Pen

little_fish, Jun 26, 2012
  18. Salty B