Sarah's new 60 gallon!

You guys crack me up.
I have NOT checked out that site Dana but will def look at it today, awesome they are so close, thanks for the suggestion!
Here are some coral pics. I don't have ANYTHING compared to a lot of the tanks on here. My pulsing xenia just withered and disappeared after about a month in my tank. Of course. The easiest coral to keep that grows like a weed and I can't keep it. Whatever. Screw you xenia. I have GOT to get a pic of my Duncan. That thing is out of control.

Attachments

• gsp.JPG
    gsp.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 428
  • corals.JPG
    corals.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 482
You guys crack me up.
I have NOT checked out that site Dana but will def look at it today, awesome they are so close, thanks for the suggestion!
Here are some coral pics. I don't have ANYTHING compared to a lot of the tanks on here. My pulsing xenia just withered and disappeared after about a month in my tank. Of course. The easiest coral to keep that grows like a weed and I can't keep it. Whatever. Screw you xenia. I have GOT to get a pic of my Duncan. That thing is out of control.

Wish I had your luck with xenia! The little frag of waving hands I bought when I first started has been frag'd a million time, and is still out of control. If the main rock that has it on it wasn't holding up the rest of my rocks I'd get rid of it for sure.

You pics look good!!

If its any consolation, I can't seem to keep xenia either. I know, easiest corals to keep (xenia and zoas) and those are the ones that do the worst in my tank! Once again, maybe our tanks are too clean Sarah, we have trouble with the easiest corals and lose our cuc 'cause they starve to death.

I know I'm joining in late, but I wanted to offer my condolences on the tough tank times you went through and say your tank is looking great!! Keep up the good work Sarah!

It's been a year since I started my tank! Can you believe it?? Of course, now that everything is stable I want to change it all up; more rock and get rid of the black sand.

Attachments

• full tank.jpg
    full tank.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,708
looking good! Great to see all that beautiful coralline. All it takes is one fraction of an asterina on a frag plug to wipe it out. Happened to me :(

Also, I lied about being done adding fish. My husband took me to Two Turtles in Akron to pick something out for my birthday and I got this guy! Mccosker's flaher wrasse. He hid from Friday thru Wed, seriously, I added him and bam, he was gone. I wasn't too worried though, figured he was hiding in the rocks. Now he is out and about right in front. Beautiful fish. And I owe Brian a big apology, I've been telling him wrasse suck and I'll never get one...

Attachments

• wrasse 1.jpg
    wrasse 1.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 344
  • wrasse 2.jpg
    wrasse 2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 408
Those banggai cardinals are out and about and swimming around ALL the time Matty. I am so glad I added them, they really make the tank seem full. This morning I got up around 6 to feed the baby and, most of the fish are hiding since it's night but not those cardinals they were all together, floating in formation and their colors look awesome under the moonlights, they glow. I thought they were just going to stay in one place like cardinals do at the LFS but they are very very active.

I think I'm just in a redecorating mode. :) Maybe I'll move my living room furniture around and leave well enough alone. I've loved the black sand the whole time, I just feel super critical of the tank all of a sudden.

I think I'm just in a redecorating mode. :) Maybe I'll move my living room furniture around and leave well enough alone. I've loved the black sand the whole time, I just feel super critical of the tank all of a sudden.

haha, I see. I vote for sliding the couch 3 inches to the left instead of taking the black sand out.

Back