Sarah's new 60 gallon!

What a perfect 4th of July. A thought hit me, my new impeller had rubber tips on both ends. The old one I pulled out was missing one. I had just crammed the new one in and it hadn't worked, but, was the old impellers rubber tip stuck in there preventing it from turning? Oh, yes, yes it was. Sometimes I am a genius. Sure, it takes a while, but, my brain does eventually kick in. So, I pulled out the old tip and badda bing, badda boom, the new impeller works, the pump starts kicking but no bubbles, luckily, a month ago I read another thread on here with a similar situation so I slurp on the air line hose and she is SKIMMING. So, I did a 25% water change and got the skimmer back on the tank. Whew. She's a bubblin' and a brewin' right now.
I also got my new Kessil light in. I cannot believe it made it from CA in 3 days via usps. Sadly, the gooseneck is a POS. It barely bends, and it doesn't clamp to my rimmed tank. I'm going to have to jury rig this thing. It's a shame, cause the rest of the tank is soooo classy.

Attachments

• skim.jpg
    skim.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 280
I have the regular A350 and have it hanging from the ceiling. It's a good 15" or so above the water line. I've never run it above about 70% on both channels. It has a lot of punch.

With my Kessel I had it about 6-8in frombthe water. But have it so that the diameter of the projected light fills the cube with as little spill over.

Got to use a little muscle to bend the mounting bracket (goose neck). I just installed 3x tuna blue 350w kessils over a friends frag tank and so far so good; his was also a rimmed tank. We positioned them about 12 inches above the water line.

Hahaha, That makes me picture a giant Sally struthers fish just waiting to gobble all the donated food before the Marvin's. Love that episode.

Got my new light going, it's funny how beautiful it is, looks like sunlight coming down into the water in spots. It is not as bright as I thought it was going to be at all, I def need the marineland led strip too, which I knew. Even turned on all the way it's still pretty dim, even if I had two of them, I can't imagine not needing the led strip too for shadows.

Attachments

• Watchman.jpg
    Watchman.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 258
Loving the light. It's not perfect but I love the shadows it creates, really makes it look like sunlight splashing thru the water. I got a new fish. Chalk Basslet. He's out and about all the time. Sleeps/lays on the sand in the corner. Weird but really adorable little guy.

Attachments

• chalk.jpg
    chalk.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 289
  • chalk in cave.jpg
    chalk in cave.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 265
vary cool little guy :D and I'm glad you like the light I think I may go back to Kessil when I do the big build and just sell the Radion and buy 2 tuna blues.

Back