Saving a Poor Tank

I think the only way TLC can have a negative effect is A. You stir the sandbed up and release a bunch of crap in the water and crash it or B. You start dosing things into the tank that aren't needed and cause more issues.
Plus, if there's no fish in there, I'd be even less concerned. Scrape the glass, start doing water changes, get a good CuC when the parameters are good and the tank can only improve.

As long as you perform the corrections slowly, it will give any inhabitants in there sufficient time to adjust.

Also, do make sure that the tank is not someone's 5-year thesis on neglected tank conditions. :)

As long as you perform the corrections slowly, it will give any inhabitants in there sufficient time to adjust.

Also, do make sure that the tank is not someone's 5-year thesis on neglected tank conditions. :)

Hahaha now that would be hilarious

Well I am sad to report that I will not be doing anything to help save the tank. I talked to the person in charge and he said it was something that the work study students were responsible for and that now that they were back from break he would put them back to work. So sadly I do not think that tank will ever be what it could be.
It is even worse because I found out that there used to be a clam in there and I saw the skeleton of it. It was at least a foot across and probably about 6in tall. :(

Back