Saw the coolest thing tonight...

fasteddie

Reefing newb
At least it was cool to me. Being a noobie, first sightings like this I guess would make it more exciting. Since my tank is finaly clearing I can see things like this now. Anyhow, I saw one of my small blue legged hermits crabs was parked next to a nice shiney, bright white, slighly larger shell and was in it cleaning house. He would crawl back inside of it and come out to toss sand out into the water. I guess it would be like a teenager moving to a bigger appartment that the last tennant left a bunch of boxes behind and they had to clean it out before they could oficially move in.:mrgreen:

Anyhow, my point being, I look forward to seeing things like this that happen and watching the tank "grow" with time. I thought I'd share my little experience with you all.

Eddie

If you think that was cool.Try looking your rock over with a small flash light after the lights have been out an hour or so.Just cover the lens with a piece of red plastic.

If you think that was cool.Try looking your rock over with a small flash light after the lights have been out an hour or so.Just cover the lens with a piece of red plastic.

that is how i found a worm in my tank that is almost a foot long and as bigaround as a pencil

thats something i really get alot of enjoyment out of
i can sit in fron of my tank late at night with just the moonlights on with a small flashlight, and see tons of new stuff every night

new feather dusters growing
littli critters moving around etc.

My wife thought I had gone plum psycho one night.I was sitting on the bed in the the dark with my varmint rifle watching my tank with the night vision scope.

My wife thought I had gone plum psycho one night.I was sitting on the bed in the the dark with my varmint rifle watching my tank with the night vision scope.

Good thing it didn't turn out to be loaded. That would be one major mess.

Good thing it didn't turn out to be loaded. That would be one major mess.

Back