saying hello...

Anal Fin

Reefing newb
Hi Everyone.

Putting together a reef tank. Have had 3 lone clowns banging around in a 180 gal for months; wife said: either change it to a reef tank or sell it. Um....honey is that a green light to spend money on my hobby? Need to gather my thoughts. You mean I don't have to lie about how much I am spending? I have always lied about the cost of my hobbies. Anyway: I joined Living Reefs to learn about algae scrubbers since I still have a sump pump full of bio-balls from when I set this tank up sometime in the 90s. I don't think I have ever seen nitrates below 80 or 120 ppm...time to change that I think. Looking forward to learning a lot here. Thanks for maintaining this site and blog. - Anal Fin

Hello and welcome to the site...glad to have you. Already we're all jealous, you have permission to spend money, and we all have had to sneak. Lol. :)

Hello...ahhhh...ummmm...Anal Fin. :D

Time to ditch the bioballs. And do a ton of water changes. Nothing but fish are going to survive in a tank with nitrates that high. I would know!!! ;)

Welcome to the site.
80-120 ppm Nitrates, I've never heard of nitrates that high! If there's any website that can help you get those down, this would be it.

Back