Scarlet skunk vs Red fire shrimp

Nope. They're both cleaners, but they (in my experience) have different personalities. My fire shrimp was very shy... I rarely saw it. My skunk cleaners were front and center all the time.

i have a fire shrimp in mine , been there for about 3-4 months still rarely see it, unless my blenny goes up to it to clean or he sees food. if you want one to be "shown off" get a skunk, if your like me and have your mine set on a fire just be ready to pay twice if not 3 times that of a skunk, seen them as low as 35 to as high as 59 here, were a skunk only goes for about 25

I have 2 Fire Shrimp (1 in my 36 and 1 in my 60) and 3 Skunk Shrimp (1 in my 60 and 2 in my 180). My Fire Shrimp hide most all the time and I have never seen them clean any fish. My 1 Skunk in the 60 never hides and has been over every inch of the tank from top to bottom. The 2 Skunks in the 180 hide sometime in a cave but and out alot too. All my Skunks have cleaned fish. If you want to keep a Fire Shrimp I would set up a cave for him somewhere in the tank that offers you good visibility to see him. I also think that Skunks are more social with other shrimp, my Fire in the 60 will chase the Skunk out of his territory.

Ive never owned a fire shrimp but skunk shrimp, El Captain, is awesome. They're all excellent at giving manicures. Usually, with any skink shrimp, they'll come up and crawl around on your arm and hand.

You could go with 2 Skunks in your tank, they get along well with each other. I wouldn't do 2 Fire Shrimp together, I think they don't get along as well with other shrimp.

Back