Schooling Bannerfish

FishyReef

Broke Reefer!
Has anyone kept one of these before? My local store got 4 in from Hawaii where the true schooling bannerfish occurs (the black and white heniochus, non reef-safe version does not occur in Hawaii). I put one on hold but its a bit larger than I wanted. The store owner also told me that they are still with caution and will likely go after acans and lps. Everything I have read suggests that the schooling bannerfish is fully reef-safe. I've never heard a suggestion that they will go after lps. I'm now having second thought after putting it on hold and wanted to get some feedback. Thanks!!

Yep, I know the differences, and also know that the acuminatus does not occur in Hawaii. You are guaranteed a diphreutes if the fish is collected in Hawaii. And the one I have on hold was collected and shipped directly from Hawaii, not through a wholesaler.

Believe it or not, I looked at the shipping invoice to be sure!

So my question remains, are the "reef-safe" ones really reef safe? Or will they still go after lps?

2XAI, I'll pm you with info

Heres a pic of the one I got.

So far so good and im keeping my fingers crossed. LOL Hasn't picked on my Acans or brains and that what I had read they might do also. But on another forum a read they go after zoas and Polyps, So who knows. So far I think by the look of it its the right one.

Even black and white by the anal fin and more of a straight drop from the back fin. So Im right there with you lol.

Fish are 50/50....they maybe be reef safe, but it doesn't mean they will follow what they're supposed to do ;) But if it's the right one, it's more than likely to be reef safe (but again, each fish is different)

Back