Scooter Blenny + Snail larvae?

PringlesLFE

Mmm...Salty.
Just curious about this one. I know about the finicky diet of scooters being copepods and in certain cases the process of weaning them from live brine shrimp to frozen foods.

I'm still trying to do the frozen route right now...with very limited success and I need to get my hands on some chaeto + copepods asap because my sump will be up and running very soon.

Fortunately the scooter seems to be doing fine scavenging all over my LR and sandbed...but I was wondering if they would eat cerith snail larvae? my two snails have laid eggs all over my tank and I read fish would eat them and that just in general they're not that easy to breed.

Sorry for all the ranting lol. Question: Would scooters ever eat cerith larvae once they hatch?

Part of nature...most die, 1 or 2 survive. I knew my snails laid eggs in my 45g....saw them all over the tank. Then one day, I saw 8-10 teeny tiny baby snails on the live rock :) Nothing much you can do!

My guess is the scooter dragonet(I hate calling them blennies) will go after the snail eggs.I know prawn eggs(shrimp) is use often times to feed dragonets so why not snail eggs.I've never had snail eggs survive so I can't help you there.

All your fish go after the baby snails.
Most of the time,scooters will usually take frozen food pretty quick.

Back