scopas tang any toughts

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
for future reference i was thinking about a scopas tang and i still want that lunar wrasse any tought

yall said to post so im posting lol

Scopas tangs are great fish, but a 75 gallon is probably too small for one. In my opinion, it's really too small for any tangs except maybe a baby yellow tang.

oh also about fire shrimp i been looking everywhere for them NOONE seems to have any i like their color but....... which would be better and i guess "
safer" in a tank that will be having a lunnar wrasse?

a regular cleaner shrimp or fire shrimp?

ive read )just like Dr. marcosayd) that as long as you keep them well feed they shouldnt bother the cleaners

Last edited:
Sorry,I know nothing about lunar wrasse.Why not a reef safe/invert safe wrasse instead.There are plenty of colorful fairy and flasher wrasses.

Scopas will grow up to a foot.You could keep a small one for years before you would have to give the tang up or upgrade.I would look at tangs from the Ctenochaetus family since they stay the smallest.Blue Eye Kole,Yellow Eye Kole and Tomini would make a better addition.....and they look so much nicer than Scopas,IMO.

The only way you'll be able to have one is if it's small. I thought you already had one? What else do you plan on keeping? If you don't plan on upgrading in the future I would choose something else.

the place were i usually see them has them at about 2-3 inches whit a good "wing" span of about 4 inches so basically

2-3 inches long and 4 inches tall

I remember when you got rid of your fish but wasn't sure if you got them back. If you really want a tang I would get one of the smaller variety. Have you planned what other fish you want or how many?

i was planning for a regal angel atleast a small one untill it grew then i could trade

seems like everyfish i look at is eighter not reef safe or Too big for my tank so..............

i know i have choices and probably plenty of them but i feel like maybe i should already start looking for a bigger tank

i saw a 200Gallon on croigslist for 200 $ but just the tank nothing else

one thing i know for sure is i want CORALS and maybe a clam

oh and i do want a dwarf lionfish but is that stretching it too much??

Last edited:
About the lunare wrasse, keep in mind that just because Marco's doesn't bother anything doesn't mean a fish that you buy won't. There's a reason that they are listed as not reef safe on every website. The vast majority of them are not, no matter how well fed you keep them. Marco just got lucky with his.

i understand that biff i wouldnt mind taking a risk they have him in the tank with some cleaners and a shrimp he hasnt bugged them i check on em and the guy at the stores keeps a close eye on em for me

so far he seems passive doing his own thing they have him in a 90

Like the other have said.A scopus tang will out grow your tank in a couple of years.Other than that they are a cool fish,but they tend to get fairly aggressive to.
Thats why I traded my scopus.He would chase every fish I tryed to add.Plus he would get aggressive with me when I would try clean the tank.

I'd also go with a fairy wrasse over the lunar.lunars will change to a dull color pattern when they become adults.Hell,If I would just take the time to catch my sixline,I'd trade him for a fairy wrasse.

What condition is the 200 you saw? if its glass BUY IT! Acrylic not so much. Not an intentional hijack just some advice.

oh also about fire shrimp i been looking everywhere for them NOONE seems to have any i like their color but....... which would be better and i guess "
safer" in a tank that will be having a lunnar wrasse?

a regular cleaner shrimp or fire shrimp?

ive read )just like Dr. marcosayd) that as long as you keep them well feed they shouldnt bother the cleaners

I had a HUGE lunnar wrasse -lived 12 years~that very much enjoyed being cleaned by a cleaner shrimp, though the shrimp was present at the entry of the wrasse, (as a baby) The shrimp lived 7 years!

Like the other have said.A scopus tang will out grow your tank in a couple of years.Other than that they are a cool fish,but they tend to get fairly aggressive to.
Thats why I traded my scopus.He would chase every fish I tryed to add.Plus he would get aggressive with me when I would try clean the tank.

I'd also go with a fairy wrasse over the lunar.lunars will change to a dull color pattern when they become adults.Hell,If I would just take the time to catch my sixline,I'd trade him for a fairy wrasse.

My lunar wrasse and Dragon wrasse became more colorful over the years

Back