Scopas Tangs

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
How are scopas tangs? I've been scouring craiglist for fishy deals, and someone near me has a 4" scopas tang for $40. I was going for a yellow tang, but if the scopas tang is available, I might get him instead. Liveaquaria just shares the usual info, but I want to know their temperament and how prone they are to ich.

they are good fish i would get it and treat it in copper before i ever put it in my tank. but i would do that with any fish i get it must have been in copper before it goes into my tank

Yeah, since it's not from my LFS, I'm going to qt. I should qt my lfs fish, too LOL But even more so if I get something from someone's tank. I've sent out a few emails, so we'll see if I can get a tang or foxface out of this :D I'd like the guy w/ the scopas to respond, since he's probably only a few miles away.

They are extremely similar in temperment, behavior and needs to yellow tangs. Except they are boring, mucky, ugly brown. Bleh.

I really like them. I have one in my 125 reef. Here he is with my other tangs. Come on Biff. LOL

029.jpg

Nice, Mel :)

Well, I doubt I will end up getting it. They haven't responded to my email to them. I emailed out to 4 people getting rid of fish...so far, 3 out of 4 responded "Sold". The one w/ the scopas hasn't responded, so who knows.

We really enjoy watching our scopas tang. He's much more yellow than brown, but he does occasionally turn darker. We specifically ordered him since they are smaller than most other tangs when grown, but of course they gave us a larger one than a small one like we ordered! The local store that got him for me had several people wanting him, and he's ordered several more since then. Overall, a very nice fish, but I feel that we will have to upgrade our tank sooner than planned!

Thanks for the info, trb, and welcome to the site :D

Still no response from the guy w/ the scopas. Well, actually, he responded yestesrday, said they were still available, but I emailed back for pics and details, but still no response.

Back