Sea Clone 100

ace37

Boom goes the Dynamite
Is there anything you can do to get a Sea Clone 100 protein skimmer to work besides throwing it up against the wall. I have tinkered with the air suppl line over and over and it will bubble up for a little bit and then stop working again. Just wondering if there is a trick to these things.

best thing i hear is to get a different one. i have the same one and like u said even messing with the airline only gets it to work for a little and then nothing.

If you can't buy a better one type seaclone mods in yahoo and there's a couple of things you can do to it to attemp to make it better. I'm about to do it soon.

look at used skimmers on ebay or craigslist. Only big differnce will be the price if you're looking at hob's i can tell you that the coralifes are pretty good and inexpensive the one i own now is an aquaeuro usa and it is one of the best besides the aqua remora

I just bought a valve from home depot and it works 100% better , google seaclone mods and it will be there, being my first skimmer and after a week of messing with the plastic valve i gave in and tried the valve mods and it works great now.

look at used skimmers on ebay or craigslist. Only big differnce will be the price if you're looking at hob's i can tell you that the coralifes are pretty good and inexpensive the one i own now is an aquaeuro usa and it is one of the best besides the aqua remora

I have to disagree on this, coralife skimmers are actually pretty down on the list of good skimmers. Not to mention they are notorious for overflowing. There are many better brands out there, reef octopus is one

the problem with those skimmers is they just dont produce enough bubbles.. If you drill a small hole in the top of the collection cup ( the size of an airline tube) then slide the airline tube down to the bottom of the cone with a bubble wand( which is flexible) wrap that around the bottom of the cone then hook an air pump to the other end with a valve to control airflow you will be surprised how well it works after..
When I first saw that skimmer hit the market I thought I would give it a try for the price I figured worse case I chuck it, I was only using it on a 45 gallon which I was doing weeekly waterchanges in anyway..

im going to try to get a valve for mine and see how that works..but i dont think ill do the other mods of cutting the tubes and such. (mainly cuz were not handy)

be careful of using brass, its a copper alloy, which is toxic to inverts. If you do use it, make sure that the water its exposed to is never returned back to the tank

its for the airline i thought, so it wouldnt be exposed to any water?? unless just the copper touching the air going into the water is bad.

i ask you guys the exact same question not long ago and i took it to the LFS and he messed with it for 20 min and i took it home and a day later it was working perfect. i know they have a bad rep but mine is good stuff.

Back