sea clone ?

godeeporgohome123

Reefing newb
okay so i have been looking at skimmers today i just looked at the big places like petco and pet smart...the best deal i found on a skimmer that looked decent was 100$ for this SEA CLONE 100 skimmer..

im gunna hit all my mom and pop pet shops this week and see what els i can find but this sea clone do you think its any good?

thanks!

Be honest though how many of us said "hey its better than nothing" and bought it anyway. I know I did. They arent very good. Put that hundo towards an octopus skimmer.

The SeaClone is by far one of the worst skimmers on the market. For equipment, stay away from PetSmart and Petco. They are not specialized in saltwater enough to carry anything worth it.

You should buy a skimmer online. I recommend the Octopus brand. You will just be wasting your money if you buy a SeaClone, because it will be in the trash can in a month.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here.
JMO,But I think a seaclone will do alright,as long as its on a very lightly stocked tank SMALLER than 30 gallons.If I was going to set up a 10 gallon,I'd probably run a seaclone on it.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here.
JMO,But I think a seaclone will do alright,as long as its on a very lightly stocked tank SMALLER than 30 gallons.If I was going to set up a 10 gallon,I'd probably run a seaclone on it.

dude but for the money... there are way better skimmer out there.

petsmart sells them for like 199.99.... the last LFS i worked for would buy them back from you for $20.

that says something. please don't buy a seaclown.

Never said I'd pay $200 for a seaclone:D $20.00 I'd use one.But for close to the same price,the CSS skimmers are a lot better.

I've got a Remora Nano skimmer that I used on my 10G tank and it worked like a charm! I think they run around $160. I'd spend a couple of extra bucks and upgrade it to a MaxiJet 1200 pump though, get some more water flow. :)

I have had one of these skimmers for a year and a half and it completely stopped working about six months ago now it just pushes large amounts of bubbles into the tank, no matter how much i clean it its just terrible.

Back