sea fan maybe?

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
I was thinking of getting a gorgonian of some kind. Any suggestions on what kind would be good for me? Preferably as easy to care for one if there is such. I love the branching look. Gives it kind of a different look to a reef tank. I want a lot of diversity in my aquarium.

I have a red sea fan in my tank. It hasn't required any special care. It seems easier than most of them, although I was worried about it at first. Check out Tampa Bay Saltwater -- they sell a variety of gorgonians, and they seem to be pretty hardy. The candelabra gorgonian is probably the easiest of the ones they sell. They sell an amazing looking purple gorgonian, but I didn't have success keeping that one alive for more than a couple months.

I got my cadelabra gorgonian from tampa bay saltwater and its doing great. I turn off my pumps and skimmer for about an hour just leaving the blowers on and feed 1/4 tsb of liquid plankton once a week. Its sitting in direct line of the blower so it loves it.

And this is my deep sea gorgonia I just got it last weekend.

Well im not sure. I think I could get either or bc I already have to feed my flame scallop everyday so the gorgonian would get fed also but I would kinda like one that is photosynthetic so I don't have to worry about it getting enough food. More research for me! Lol just gotta find a certain one that I want. I like the bright purple ones.

I got my cadelabra gorgonian from tampa bay saltwater and its doing great. I turn off my pumps and skimmer for about an hour just leaving the blowers on and feed 1/4 tsb of liquid plankton once a week. Its sitting in direct line of the blower so it loves it.

What are those bright red thing in the background? Very bright!

Maybe I can find a happy medium. Somewhat colorful and still photosynthetic. Whether its photosynthetic or not I feed my tank microvert everyday for the flame scallop so I'm sure a non photosynthetic would get plenty of food also.

I'm also trying to pick some gorgonians up in the next month or so. i was looking at the purple whip or brush, red sea fan, maybe a blue berry. i have read numerous views haha and i best assume the easiest answer is to pick a photosynthetic one thats hardy and go nike on it!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST DO IT!

Back