Sea feathers

Piratefish

SPS Freak
Anybody keep these?? I was down in San Fran last night and just happened upon a very shady looking fish store.( it wasnt really a fish store) WOW they had some really cool stuff, like a sea feather and these little tree things that were kind of like a feather duster but looked like a pom pom and tons of Xmas tree rocks with blue, red, yellow and orange worms. The sea feather was red purple and blue kind of like a peacock feather. I want it sooo bad. These guys had all kinds of stuff, huge flats like 10x12 of stuff Ive never seen. I do have a feeling like its sort of black market stuff IDK?

So do they do well in our tanks? I searched the forum and didnt come up with anything but feather dusters.

Is this the same thing?
Sea+Feather.JPG

:(OOH I guess they are starfish. I did find info on them they appear to be deep water creatures and apparently dont do well in tanks:pooh: Man they are cool looking!

Yeah they are super cool. My LFS has had one before, but it wasn't for sale... They said the same thing -- usually they only live a few weeks. It's cool how they swim in the water. Kinda in spurts.

I got one from the LFS a couple years back. It was a beautiful deep red color. May even have been the one Biff saw. ;) It lasted about 2 1/2 weeks in my tank before it started dropping it's feather arms and then finally it died.

Back