seaclone mod attempt

ob_on3

Reefing newb
Omg....so I tried to mod the new sea clone I received from drs foster n smith....didn't go well at all!!! I started with the more bubble flow from the motor by putting a modded Bio ball...very tedious but make so much noise when added...immediately removed!!! Then don't even get me started on trying to remove the inner tube to cut!!! Impossible...I'm left with one last resort and that adding the air line with the wooden stone which I am going to attempt as soon as I get the stone but until then it is as it stays!

This is why we recommend you just get a good skimmer from the start. Most people just ending up spending more money and time trying to fix the one they have.

If I can't get it to function I'm going to send it in for a refund and get a better one.... keep in mind I didn't go that route because of being cheap but only because the size of my setup I didn't feel I needed to overdue it...

Seaclone skimmers aren't worth a dime IMO. No matter the size of the system, there is always a better option. I do wish you the best of luck tho.

Sorry to hear it isnt working out. I have never had a seaclone but I was hoping that maybe the mods could fix it for you. Have you look at aquatraders? Right now I have the ps75 from them and use it in sump but it can be used hang on as well. I have been happy with it. I also have the larger hob refugium that I use to use on my corner tank and that also worked well for me. I see that they have a copy of the bak pac skimmer as well. To date I have bought three light sets from them, a skimmer, overflow, return pump, hob refugium (that has a included skimmer), heater, this is over a 4 year period and I have never had a problem with any of there products. Just passing the information.

Well I dropped an airline in it with a wooden air stone and guess what...no change...still no rise from bubbles at the collection cup....I do see more bubbles but its not what I expected...guess I'll be getting another one soon!

:frustrat:

I also added an extra air pump attached to the line....a lot more bubbles....and some water accumulation up top but still no over flow of bubbles in the cup! :(

Back