Seahorse Care

Awesome! And with you as our in-house expert we should be good to go!

Yeah, I wouldn't call myself an expert. I do know a few though and I would be happy to help get responsible answers to anything that would come up for us seahorse cowgirls and cowboys.

Catherine

Yo Seahorses, I’m really happy for you…I’ll let you finish. But SHARKS AND EELS are one of the best sea creatures who need forum of all time!

just kidding just kidding!! lol. this boards actually super helpful, and i'm thinking of getting some dwarf seahorses

Sharkie, I just failed at my attempt of getting dwarfs so I've got all kinds of information for you. They are truly fascinating creatures so I hope you get some.

We could share this board with the sharks and eels!
Seahorses and Sharks and Eels, Oh My!

C

David, I decided to do my contest nano when I found a source of farm raised dwarfs that were eating frozen foods. ORA had them advertised. Put in an order and started getting my tank ready for them only to find out they stopped selling them. To feed dwarfs is ridiculous. You have to hatch brine shrimp nightly. You are basically married to hatching shrimp each night. I love dwarfs but I can't handle that kind of commitment. That's why I scrapped my nano tank so I kind of failed. I had a pony, Calypso, that wouldn't eat frozen and it was very, very stressful to keep pods going for her.

C

Nice Picture and congrats. A quick question is it a normal behavior for the horse to lay on its side on the bottom of tank? :question:

Mine sleep in funny positions and a couple of times I've found them in the morning laying across some macro or some rocks. If the lights have been on and it's laying there then there is a problem. Is it moving?

Catherine

does anyone know if kuda seahorses or reidi seahorses are better looking (which is better looking?) and which is easier to care for

does anyone know if kuda seahorses or reidi seahorses are better looking (which is better looking?) and which is easier to care for

Can't really help you on how they look, they are all beautiful to me! H. Kuda tend to be yellow but aren't always yellow. H. reidi can be yellow, red or in the browns. Their care requirements are about the same. I've got some h reidi and they tend to be more temperamental than my H. erectus. The H. erectus are considered the easiest and most hardy of the seahorses.

What kind of set up do you have?
Catherine

Back