Seahorses are HERE!!!!

animated-cheer.gif

Hannah's Got Ponies!!!!!!!

@av-horse-funny_animated_pictures_02.gif

:bounce:WOOOOHOOOOOOOO:bounce:

P, thanks for the excitement but that horse thing is just . . . . creepy . . .. thankfully my seahorse are just plain old cute.

And thanks for the warning about them laying down to sleep : )

oo! I like Leonitus! There are tons of greek/roman god names i like (Apollo, Ares, Jupiter, Hermes) but few goddesses. So im going to open the category to include Egyptian mythology.

Please continue with suggestions!!

Ok, now that i survived to friday (barely) i could finally get up and do something other than study. And i considering that im going to get several more pairs i think i will name each pair after gods and goddesses from different ancient religions.

So, these two will be the greek pair: Tyche (goddess of luck, not quite sure how to pronounce this one though . .. ) and Ares (god of war)

yay! and my camera is finally charged so i can post some more pics this afternoon!

So this is going to be place for updates on these guys until they move into the big tank in a few weeks. They are currently living in a training tank, because they are used to being in a bare bottom tank so im adjusting them to a normal tank while training them to eat from a turkey baster. The training tank is literally a plastic drawer, but i works great!

Ares (the boy) is just hanging onto the filter so i dont have many good photos of him. He is very shy, and also much smaller than Tyche. So this is pretty much the only pic i have of him because when he is up by the filter my camera cant pick him up. However it is very cute when he hangs onto the suction cups and you can just see his head peaking out from underneath it as he checks out the scene.

DSCN2732.jpg

Here are several of Tyche, she is very social and like to explore. She also likes bubble baths! It is very cute to watch her play in the bubbles. It took her all of about 6 seconds to figure out that i feed them and that the food comes out of the turkey baster. So now when she is hungry she starts giving me the "eye".
DSCN2720.jpg

And here they are checking out the cheato i put in there. Im introducing one new thing every day until i have a mini tank in there for them! Also if you look closely in the second pic you can see Ares head sticking out from under the filter as he gives the eye.
DSCN2730.jpg

DSCN2729.jpg

Yay! Seahorse fun!

Ok, now that i survived to friday (barely) i could finally get up and do something other than study. And i considering that im going to get several more pairs i think i will name each pair after gods and goddesses from different ancient religions.

So, these two will be the greek pair: Tyche (goddess of luck, not quite sure how to pronounce this one though . .. ) and Ares (god of war)

yay! and my camera is finally charged so i can post some more pics this afternoon!

Do the sea horses require any special looking after? I keep a living reef tank and are they coral safe?

They are coral safe, but some corals are not safe for them. Any stinging corals are a no go because they grab and hitch onto stuff. They really need a species only tank and they do require some special care. The dont do very well with other fish, especially other active fish like clowns, angels, triggs, tang etc.

If you are thinking of doing seahorses please do your research first and make sure you can provide for them. Just dumping them into any old reef tank isnt going really going to cut it with these guys

Back