Sealing PVC pipe to drilled tank

use a bulkhead that will seal the hole than you can glue on the pve peices you need to make the bends ar what ever you need to do

You have an slip bulkhead coming out of the back of your tank, and you're wondering how to plumb PVC pipe into that so it won't leak, is that correct?

you need two a two part PVC Primer and PVC Glue. The primer will clean the sections, but more importantly color is purple a bit so that you know you've glued it, which is good if it's your first if it's your first time plumbing. Prime the sections which will be glued into each other.

Then put glue on the inside of the bulkhead and the outside of the pvc, making sure it's well coated. Then slide the PVC in, and turn it at least 90 degrees in both directions and hold it there for a few seconds. The PVC has a tendency to want to pop back out, which is no good, since we are wanting stuff to NOT leak.

I'll see if i can't find anything on google to show you....

I want to cut a small hole near the top of my tank and attach Pvc for overflow. Its for a fuge which will be elevated above the main tank. A small pump pushes water into the fuge and then it overflows back thru the attached pvc.

Back