Seba lost his mind

yote

In Memoriam
Purchased my first BTA this morning.took my time and acclimated him over the course of about 2 hours. As soon as I placed him in the DT my seba clown moved right in. Now its like the clown isn't happy with where the BTA is at. He's taking his head and trying to push it toward the middle of my tank where he( the clown) has been hosting my xenia. :censored: fish has one heck of a sand storm going. Is this normal behavior? or has my fish lost his mind?

always just aint nothing no better than watching nature at work,,,,,,even if I do pay for the next morning at work,,,lol

My seba clown is going back and forth between my BTA and my xenia,,,,,sometimes I think he might be a she,,,,,,acts like a woman ( cant make up his mind)

Careful there. the ladies are definitely the bosses when it comes to clown fish. lo. just give it time. maybe time to add a smaller one than the one in the system and see if that helps after the anemonie is settled.

I thought about adding another seba,,but how do you tell if ones a male or female? I'd hate to add one of the same sex and have them fighting.

Clown fish can change sexes. so go by size. add one smaller than the one already in. if this does not work out add one bigger. go with the smaller one 1st. The largest will be the female, and the smaller one the male. if you have two males the larger will convert to female and the smaller one will stay male, if you have two females the smaller one will convert to male. now as always there is not garuntee there will not be any fighting, but hopefully you will be successful. good luck and keep us posted.

The possibility of raising clowns is very possible if you have the correct grow out tank, can provide a constant food source, and keep your water parameters in very good parameters. normally not successful in the main tank but you never know. if the filters and other animals dont getum, you might just get lucky. if you are serious about propagating clowns I would recommend you get a good book on clown fish and follow the recommendations for rearing them. good luck keep us posted. one thing at a time. get um paired up 1st and then let nature take its course. eventually, you may want to dabble further. keep us posted.

Thanks jnhb. gonna go see I can find another seba after I get home from hunting sunday. and as always,,,,,,thanks for the advice

Back