Sebae anemone help!

liga

Reefing newb
KK i had two emerald crabs that had outgrown my tank, so i took them back to the lfs and traded it for a sebae anemone. I kow that they are very hard to keep, but i still wanted to give it a try. All my parameters are perfect( 0 amm, nitrite, nitrate, 8.0 ph, and salinity 1.035). No i know they need very good lights(which i have a 250w metal penant) and moderate flow. SO i wanted you guys to see how the anemone looks. I am guessing he is very white bc of the stress of coming into a new tank. My clowns hosted it in 5minutes lol.
View attachment 13656

View attachment 13657

View attachment 13658

Ok I cant see any of the pictures but your anemone bleaching isnt stress. Its dying. I know you want to give it a try, I know that you think your tank and you are different and together youll defy the odds. But Im sorry the truth of the matter is, your tank is to new and you are far to experienced to have a nem of this level of difficulty. I know that you really want to watch your clowns swim in it and play in it, and thats really fun BUT you are going to kill your nem, and when you do it will take everything down with it and then your not only not going to have a nem, you wont have clowns either and you are starting from scratch. Take it back, rehome it, do whatever you have to do but TRUST me, you dont want that nem in your tank

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Marines wife i know you are trying to help me, but what i really want to do is be that guy that succeds and if he fails he keeps moving on. I know i am not the most wiseful person here,b ut i think i am intermidiate bc i have gone thru ich and resolved that, i have gone thru clownfish disease and beat it, i have figured out why my macro algea wouldnt grow and i fixed it, i have gotten duncans to grow from one head to 5 in 1 month, i have also gone thru an anemone dying and taking it out before it realeased toxic. I atleast want to try bc it looks like it is doing well. Ihave read for 1 week before getting him and have read that mine is just with stress. When i first saw him he was tanish or dirty looking and have looked up that they turn white (bleach) when moved from place. I know he is doing well bc he has his foot anchored in ra rock and sand, he has his tantacle completely out, he is eating food, aand his tentacles are sticky. ALso i heard if a anemone isnt doing well a clownfish wont get near it. So really i just want to give it a try. If he gets way to bad and i see he is dying i will make sure to return him. Thanks for the advice tho i know you are really just trying to steer me away from doom.

thank you again marne, but i just called the lfs and they said i wont be able to get back anyhting. Basically i ll give them a free anemone...... I also got my marine science teacher helping me out (15 years in saltwater fish). I asked her and i sended her some pictures and she said it was healthy and to acclimate it to the light and to keep salinity and nitrate always constant.

So i woke up today and saw that my anemone was starting to become darker. I asked the lfs owner what he thought and he told me the anemone is doing very well. What do you guys think. He has been in my tank for 1 day.
IMG_0058[1].jpg

thanks. I lknow its still pretty bleach, but compared to the first photos, doesnt it look better? Also forog to say this was tanken when moonlights were on and not my metal hallides or atinics

Back