sebae anemone

ksbiker1100

algae harvester
placed my new anemone on top of a chunk of live rock turned off my power heads and it just seams to roll around my tank will doing flips as he moves around the tank hurt it

Some will take time to pick a spot where they want to be. Most of them will put their foot under a ledge or a rock for security. Flipping around will not help it settle in, it will stress it more. I would keep the powerheads off a bit and see if it helps till it grabs hold of something

I'll leave the power head off over night hope he grabs on to something cant slow down water movement any more with out shutting down the whole system

Or maybe you can cover up the inlet side of the powerheads with some type of net or mesh so it doesn't kill itself till it settles in

If that anemone isnt attached yet,Its probably not gonna attach.Besides that,seabaes should be placed on the sand to begin with.

its grabbed on to some live rock over night.as far as lights 2x 250W DE HQI Bulb 15000K. 4x 54W T5 HO actinics 6x Dual Bluemoon LED

Last edited:
my lfs by local i mean 100 miles away. got busted for paying their employee's under the table so i got it for $10 they were having an everything must go sale!

i bought some krill to feed it how do i go about this the lady at the store told me to just hold it close to the mouth and it will take it from me. wont that sting me? didn't get a chance to research this buy just knew my lights and tank flow were good.

they didn't have much left! took me a week to get down there walked out with $200 worth of stuff. what was left was down to the sick looking fish or things i knew my tank cant hold.example the cat shark they had. it was only $1000

If that anemone isnt attached yet,Its probably not gonna attach.Besides that,seabaes should be placed on the sand to begin with.

Hi Yote, my H.Crispa is moving around now the new lights are installed, seems hell bent on smothering my corals, has already killed my lovely Xenia Elongata :frustrat:

Hi Yote, my H.Crispa is moving around now the new lights are installed, seems hell bent on smothering my corals, has already killed my lovely Xenia Elongata :frustrat:

Thats why I'll never keep another anemone in my reef tank.I've got a thread on here somewhere where my BTA wiped several hurndred dollars worth a SPS over night.

Thats why I'll never keep another anemone in my reef tank.I've got a thread on here somewhere where my BTA wiped several hurndred dollars worth a SPS over night.
Think your right, if the H.Crispa does survive it will have to go back to the lfs, it's getting so big now, think i'll stop feeding her for a while.Did you see the links regarding the KR92.

Allen

Is that all you got? Heck I'd load up on a "Everything must go" sale.:Cheers:

David, hope you can help me out, my calcium level since using IO Reef crystals has risen to 420 on a regular testing, I am considering buying a calcium reactor, do you use one and do you think cost matters when purchasing, looking on ebay they vary from £100-£300, what do I look out for and can they be outside the sump as I do not have much room in the compartment below my tank.

Allen :frustrat:

You don't need a calcium reactor unless you have a lot of SPS corals. If I recall correctly, you have very few if any SPS corals. If your calcium is at 420, that's perfect. Very few people use calcium reactors because they're just not necessary for the vast majority of tanks. If your calcium levels stay good via the salt you use or calcium additives, don't worry about getting a reactor.

Back