Sebae Anemone

I kept a bubble tip anemone in my 55 gallon tank with a 4-bulb T5 fixture. I assume this is for your 75 gallon tank? If so, I agree with Yote -- pretty iffy. That's not a lot of light for a 75, but I think it's still possible, maybe... :)

thank you for the advice, what light would be best for anemones? are there any LED or T5's strong enough for anemones and sps corals?

Yes, a 6 bulb T5 fixture and many of the LED fixtures on the market are strong enough to keep anything you want. I'm not sure about fitting things in the canopy though. Many people that use MH in canopies build their own fixtures.

Personally, I don't like halides under a canopy. Mainly because a canopy can hold in heat if it's built fairly tight. While you can install a couple of computer fans, they don't seem to help all that much to me. So I prefer a fixture hanging over an open top tank.

T-5s are a little better about the heat under a canopy. But can still heat up pretty quick.

LEDs would be my choice under a canopy. very little heat, plenty of light.

makes sense, thanks alot :). A guy came into my LFS today, with a bucket full of rock with tons of Kenya Trees attached.. Said they took over his tank and hes looking to give them away. I was able to get 2 nice pieces from him. I've never had a Kenya before, figured id give it a try.. any suggestions?

makes sense, thanks alot :). A guy came into my LFS today, with a bucket full of rock with tons of Kenya Trees attached.. Said they took over his tank and hes looking to give them away. I was able to get 2 nice pieces from him. I've never had a Kenya before, figured id give it a try.. any suggestions?

If I posted what I was about to on those Kenya's, you'd think I was an asshole ( which I am buttttt ).:mrgreen:

Not much that can wrong with Kenya weeds oops I meant Kenya Trees. Just be prepared to start pulling out the excess branches. It usually don't take very long for Kenya's to take over a tank.

There was a reason he was returning them to the store. Like Yote, I consider them a pest! Keep an eye out on them; if they grow out of control (which they easily can do), you will have a hell of a time keeping anything else in the tank.

Thank you for the input, right now I have them in my frag tank... probably going to give them away or sell them. thanks for saving me the trouble!

Not a problem.
Both Biff and myself have had that fight with the Kenyas. If I remember right,Biff ended up boiling her rock to get rid of em. I just swapped out my kenya infested rock Kenya free rock at my LFS.

Not a problem.
Both Biff and myself have had that fight with the Kenyas. If I remember right,Biff ended up boiling her rock to get rid of em. I just swapped out my kenya infested rock Kenya free rock at my LFS.

Yes. Between the kenya trees and the majanos that took over, I ended up boiling 500 lbs of live rock on the stove! :lol:

Back