sebae not looking so good

minireefer

Reefing newb
It seems like my sebae anenome is on it last days.It has stayed compacted and hardly will take any feedings.This week it has gone all clear white wich normally says it has expelled its' zooxanthellae.I think some of the problem is do to the heat the last 2 months.When I got it about a year(I guess is a pretty good run especially in a small tank) ago it was bleached white,but it returned to it natural color.my sebae and false perc host with it.I would like to save and revieve this guy ,but not at the cost of polluting my tank.Any ideas or help would really be apriciated

just control the temperature, and make sure your lights dont need replacing. watch your feedings and clean up any uneaten food. then just wait it out and maybe if lucky it will come back, if not remove it before it becomes jelly. you will know when. smell your water and if it smells fresh ok if it smells rancid, do water changes. good luck.

I have seen pics of nem's that have recovered from conditions. Try to keep tank parameters very stable and keep up with feedings. If it has lost the zoxanthea (sp) then the feedings will help it return to health. Just be patient, and like Jhnrb stated remove it before it turns to jelly, you should deff know when.
Good luck and keep us posted.

I Have been feeding this guy regularly with shrimp and formula cubes,and it has been opening up and looking better everyday.Yesterday when I got home it was back to its orignal size and my clowns having a good time in it.Aslo some of its natural cream color is returning.I will try to get a picture of it posted.

Sounds like it is returning to good health. Congrats. Sometimes they just need a lot of attention and care. I would keep up with the feedings until it really looks better and stays that way for a week or so. Then slowly cut back the feedings. I'm glad you are having good luck nursing it back to health. Can't wait to see a pic.

Here are the pictures of my sebae anemone getting healthy again.For weeks its stay in a 1 inch ball.Also I am adding a new shot of middle section of the tank
3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Back