Seeing my first bubble algae

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
Seeing my first bubble algae and I tried to grab it with tweezers and it busted and went all over. I was surprised to see how hard the bubble is. How can I remove this crap? Trates continue to be zero.

Wow Sen. First red turf, now bubble! You can't get a break... At least you are being proactive and taking care of it as soon as you see it.

When you try to remove it, don't grab the bubble itself. The bubble holds to the rock using tiny little tendrils. You can grab it at the base with the tweezers and pull it off by the tendrils. I have also had success taking my fingernail and gently scraping the bubble off of the rock.

emerald crabs are great for getting rid of the bubble algae problems. Tangs do a great job provided they can get to the bubbles and they are small enough to bit them, the only issue with a tang is that they bit them and then some of the insides escape into the tank and reestablish, if this happens with the crab, they seek it out and destroy. Just a tip from an old dog that has been down this beach.

Back