Selling my 125 gal

madlynb

madtaz
It has been a rough 3 months. My husband was being very challenged by his health but he got tired of battling and passed away on Nov. 2. He was my inspiration for many years and many things.
I have many situations to handle without him and I feel I need to sell my tank, live rock, some fish and cabinet. If anyone is interested, let me know and I will provide more info along with a price.

oh man i am so very sorry to hear about your husband. ihope there is some one close to you that can buy the tank from you.

I am very sorry for your loss. Where are you in IL? I am near St. Louis. I will pass the word around here for you if you are close. You can PM me if you like.

Prayers for you and your family,
Joe

My prayers go out to you and your family regarding your loss...I'm here in Chicago, so give me a quote on the tank and I'll pass the word around to some of the guys at my local fish stores and friends...again, I am so sorry for your loss, and God Bless You!

I am going to put together a more detailed list of what tank includes along w/photos and will post. Probably some time next week. Advice on how to price to sell will be appreciated at that time. Thx

I need advice in a different direction now. I have to tear down my 125gal setup. I will see if a local shop will buy my fish. Once I remove the live rock, rinse it out and pack it up, it will die, right? What would be the correct process for possibly trying to preserve it or is there a process of doing that? This is upsetting me to have to do this but I am in a desperate time and can't afford to keep the tank going.

What you could do is get a rubbermaid tote from the dollar store or walmart with a lid, and place the rocks and water in it...that will preserve the rocks. placing a powerhead in there also would be even better.

You could keep the rocks in the tub of water for weeks, even longer if you did water changes every once in a while...the sand could also be preserved, just place it in a 5gallon bucket with some water, and place the lid on it.

Back