Selling Tank Have Questions

RevReefer

Living Reefs Supporter
Ok everybody I am going to be moving and selling my home to build a home. We will not start the house till after the first of the year, but were putting the house up for sale now. We are going to take extra money we have towards the new home land. So....... I will be breaking down the 125g and selling of EVERYTHING except my Zoanthids. I am going to buy a nano for them in the mean time.

What I need from you all is for you to tell me the best way to sell off this stuff.

Complete Setup plus all Coral?

All the equipment?

Corals alone?

Split Everything up?

Please tell me your opinion of what everything as a package is worth.

Equipment:

125G AGA Tank Dual Overflows 2 Years Old & plumbing
Cherry Stand & Canopy 2 Years Old
Aprox 200lbs LR
Sump (Converted Wet Dry)
Tunze Auto Top Off
MR2 Skimmer Dual Becketts (One beckett may need to be replaced)
Three 250w Metal Halide Retro's (Magnetic Ballast, Reflectors, Used Bulbs)
220w VHO Ballast, Endcaps, and URI Actinic Bulbs
Aquacontroller Jr with Temp Probe and PH probe (Need a DC8 for this)
Mag 24 Pump
Quiet One 4000 Pump
Kalk Reactor (not sure of make got from a trade)
Two Seio 820's and 4 PH's
Tunze Calcium Dispenser
Phosoban Reactor
Timers, Strips, Buckets, etc...

Corals: (These are a mixture of frags to small colonies to large peices)

Dark Green Pacilipora, Brown Digitata, Pink Digitata, Purple Tip Acro, Green/Blue Mili, Purple Base Acro, Pink Mili, Blue Acro w green Polyps, Green Acro, Green Slimer, Hydnaphora, Hairy Mili, Blue/Green Candy, Sun Coral, Neon Green Pacilipora, Green Digi, Purple Tip Acro, Pink Acro, Blue/purple tip Acro Colony, Green Plate, Pink Tip Frogspawn, Purple Gorgonia, Orange Plate, Purple Rimmed Plate, Purple Plate/Blue Polyps, Army Green Plate, Large Green Sps, Green blue Tip Acro, Pink Birdnest, Neon Green Hammer, Yellow Fiji Leather, Rose Anemone, Green Star Polyps, Candy Cane, Misc Frags...

Fish:

Naso Tang, Kole Tang, Regal Tang, Pair Percula Clowns, Mandarin Dragonet, Scotter Blenny, Skunk Clown

tank2-1.jpg

full.jpg

Not to sound like Im biased cause I want some stuff individually but, The only way to get the most money is to seperate. you will at least double your money by splitting it up. but the work and organization involved will be a huge headache for a couple weeks. If it were me id itemize everything, then post a list on reefcentral. they seem to always pay top dollar for everything. but as I said earlier it will be a headache of PMs. and emails, and shipping. Selling the whole tank is easiest. Im no expert but I think youd be lucky to get $1500 local. even though we both know its worth alot more. if you go the reefcentral route youd probly end up with alot of live rock left and the tank, stand. which I know of several people looking for live rock.
Its a tough choice. Ill help you anyway I can. Also if you end up deciding to sell all the live stock you can store your tank here till you get the new house done.
Im not really sure why your asking this question? of all the members you understand reefcentral and selling stuff better than anyone.

I take it that you don't want the PB tang anymore?? It would be a little cramped in a nano. Do you still have the black perculas?

I would have to agree with Bryan that the best way to maximize your money is to itemize your stuff and sell it seperately. You have enough stuff dry/wet goods to make a good bit of money. But as stated earlier, it would be a pain with lots of pm's and e-mails. Look at the bright side, at least you have experience with shipping corals. Anything I can do to help let me know. Hate to see you tear down the tank and down size. But you have to do what is best for you. And only you know what that is.

On another note; I'm sure you will give club members first dibs and discounted pricing :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .... Right??? Hello!! Anybody listening!! :D

If you do decide to sell I would be interested in some LR and some of your acans, blastos and other misc LPS. For a price of course.

at least your honest. hey the guy I just bought that micro from has alot of really rare stuff for low shipping. he has a nice acan lord frag I like. its white and lime green. Ive never seen that color in a acan lord! hes selling one small frag and then wont sell anymore of it till it grows out alot. he had a list of about 100 rare coral he grows and frags. so all his stuff is healthy home grown stuff. anyway if your looking for some rare stuff ill get you his email.

Well you guys are vultures!! :) Don't blame you. No I am not 100% sure yet, just kicking around ideas. Still thinking about setting it up at my moms. Heck I might be living there for a few months..LOL! I let you all get first dibs if I sell out, but I must warn you, I will be selling to make as much as possible. RC will pay if you know what I mean and if I sell out, I will be loosing so I must try and recoup as much as possible.

Sorry to here that you have to take down your tank:sad: out of all the tanks that I have seen I think yours is the best:coolgleem .I would definitly love to buy the whole thing but my wife would strangle me so when your ready to sell stuff out of it I would love to get a few things.Thanks Viper

Ya I dont figure I will sell it, but I got to try. I will do better to split it up anyway, just dont want the hassle. If I dont have any good offers, I may just set it up at moms for sure.

David:

I would like to get the green nepthia back if your getting rid of stuff. Can you bring it and the zoas to the meeting next weekend?

Thanks
Brandon

Sure bro thats why I didnt list it. I still have cold feet, and am not sure if I can go through with it. A guy from SC just offered me 3k on RC if I would deliver it. Argggg tough spot!

Let me say this cause I do not want to be misunderstood here. I LOVE this hobby and I LOVE my tank, I do not really want to sell, but it seems like a good move. My wife is saying no do not sell it, but it will really depends on a few things. What do you guys honestly think? Please talk me out of this? I am sad just thinking about selling. :(

Is it feasable that I could tear it down, move it, and set it up at my moms and it be ok?

Would you all help me? ;) Opinions please.

Dave if you have someone that has actually offered $3000 for the set up, TAKE IT. That is a good deal. Yes you could move the tank and set it back up. You might lose a few things along the way but you know that. You have been in this hobby long enough to know that there are no guarantees. So know matter what you do there is an inherant risk. This guy may say he will pay $3000 for the set up and then never respond again. You just never know. Like I said before, YOU have to decide what is best for YOU and then go for it. Our opinions don't really matter because we don't know what you need out of this. Best of luck to you bro.

I would say take the money if you want to sell. If your planning on setting back up the same basic setup when you get the new house done then you need to keep it. moving everything wont be a problem! there are several of us who "Will Work For Frags"! JK! let us know what you need man

Back