Selling Tank Price Questions

What should I ask?

• Total voters

RyanG

Reef enthusiast
So I might be selling my 220 Perfecto to fund a HUGE upgrade, but I dont have any idea of what to ask for it, so Ill let you all help me out.

The tank is BRADY SPANKING NEW, it has never seen a drop of water. I have found them online for between 850-1100 dollars. I paid much less for it but I got a smoking deal on it too. It is NOT reef-ready but does not have tempered glass. So help me figure out what would be a fair price to ask.

Thank you sir. I know we had this conversation but just wanted to get a few more opinions, no disrespect fella!

I say $800 but allow room for negotiating down to $700 but no more.

What kind of upgrade do you have in mind?

the thing is that its "new" but you cant charge same as a real new one. $800-$700 seems pretty fair to me tho.

Well the local guys are VERY into building large custom plywood tanks I am looking at getting into a 450 gal woody. Its got three starphire glass panes is 8'x3'x3' and heres a pic.

450tank.jpg

I don't know how much a new tank that size would cost at an average LFS, but a new Perfecto 220 at That Fish Place is $745. I bought my 125 there. I would say $600 would be a great deal.

I think I saw the build thread somewhere for that plywood tank somewhere, or a build very similar. That's an awesome setup.

I guess I didnt put it in the original question. But please make sure you vote for what YOU would pay for the tank if you were in the market.

i'd pay $700-$800 but i would look really really hard on CL and other places to find something cheaper first, if no luck, i would pay that much. Luckily for me, i dont have that kind of cash for a new tank right now. :mrgreen:

Back